Re: Original Sims Best Version?

by PugLove888

Original Post

Original Sims Best Version?

★ Guide

I just noticed that perhaps the original Sims was the most inclusive and bug free. Anyone else agree? Where did EA go wrong?

Message 1 of 5 (587 Views)

★ Pro

Sims 2 was a true betterment of the game. When I bought Sims 2 there were tons of things that were simply superior to the original. Graphics for one and the mod community took hold quick and started really making the game good. Sims 3 was a money grabber re iteration like Sims 4. Everything introduced in 3 and 4 should have been sims 2 xpacs and updates. (IMHO)

Message 2 of 5 (570 Views)

Champion

@LuisLTPG, while I love the charms and quirkiness of TS1, I have to agree with @Ticklepink68 in that I think TS2 is the best version of the Sims! Heart Not only did it have better looking Sims than TS1, but it had customizable Sims! Cool TS2 also introduced genetics and ageing, which allowed for true storytelling!  The gameplay was simply phenomenal! Party hat 

My very unpopular opinion is that I think TS3 was the worst version, despite all the bells and whistles. Frown  In theory it was the best, but I was disappointed for the first time playing  a Sims game.  The open world was almost always empty (good for collecting items, but not for socializing), and most of the locations were rabbit holes.   Don't get me wrong -- I still think TS3 was fantastic, just not nearly as fantastic as the other versions, including TS1, and especially TS2! Wink TS3's saving grace in my opinion was the CASt color/pattern wheel!  That thing was awesome! Heart  Sadly, the color wheel contributed to the worst thing about TS3, as did the open worlds, which was how incredibly slow it was.  As time went on my game would literally grind to a halt! Teeth bared  All the bells and whistles are pointless if the game doesn't work.  Devil  People complain about a 30 second to 2 minute loading screen in TS4, but that is much better than a 10 -15 minute wait between actions for TS3 , not to mention waiting over 30 mins. just to get into Build/Buy Mode or CAS! Disappointed  When the game did work, I enjoyed it, though.  Large smile

So, yes, there weren't nearly as many bugs in TS1, but the game wasn't as complex as TS2, TS3, and TS4.  I especially loved the packs Unleashed, Superstar, and Makin' Magic for TS1.Party hat  (It also has the best music!)  Heart

TS1 and TS2 were also the most charming in my opinion but that is more than likely due to Will Wright's involvement.  He is the creator of The Sims, after all! Angel But sadly he is no longer involved in the Sims. Devil

Well, most people have a hard time playing TS1 on their newer computers, but I hope you can still play it!  Fingers crossed

Happy Simming! Party hat

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 5 (560 Views)

★ Guide

I agree that Sims 3 was good but God, it was S--L--O--W. The one thing I miss from Sims 3 that I hope makes it into Sims 4 or a later version if it comes out soon is a remake of The Sims 3 Showtime careers.

Message 4 of 5 (554 Views)

Champion

@LuisLTPG, yes … if forgot about those!  I think because the Showtime system didn't work as intended for many people, (and wasn't ideal for me because at the time I didn't have any friends or family who played the Sims in order to send my Sims on tour in their game and vice versa), that I forgot about that one. Oops  But I really loved the performers who would work with fire! Raised eyebrow  If they were to have some sort of carnival pack, sort of like TS1 Makin' Magic had Magic Town and the little carnival rides, but have the careers of acrobat, slight-of-hand magicians, fire eaters/dancers, etc. that we had in TS3, that could be a fun pack!  Maybe with some sort of Daredevil aspiration or trait! :eahigh_file:

What I really miss from TS3 (besides the color wheel) is fairies Star  I also loved how we could play as our pets, but most people didn't seem to want this in TS4, if the polls I saw were any indication.  I still hope we can eventually get horses in TS4!  Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 5 of 5 (549 Views)