Orginal Ghots by default in new savefiles

by Sthenastia

Original Post

Orginal Ghots by default in new savefiles

★ Guide

Is it possible to bring back old Goth family for new savefiles without downloading them from the Gallery every time?

Message 1 of 5 (433 Views)

Re: Orginal Ghots by default in new savefiles

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@Sthenastia 

I have my own "Starter Save" with my own custom holidays and townies so I've been watching the overhaul to see if I wanted to "patch them in." (I love the new Cassandra! but think I prefer the old Alexander. I'd already darkened their skintones, but might make my Cassandra look more like the refresh.)

If you create your own starter save, it would have all your preferred settings/holidays/townies/etc. You just launch all scenarios/"new" games from the starter and immediately choose "save as," and all your holidays, etc., would be there. (I started this for the holidays because UGH, I have a lot and recreating them all, UGH.) You could put the original Goths in there as well.

My starter includes:

My own "base game refresh," which is mostly giving everyone hot and cold weather outfits/fixing skin tones for the Goths and Liberty Lee/making Johnny related to the Landgraabs and giving Johnny a hurt sentiment towards Nancy/giving Geoffrey a guilty sentiment towards Johnny/updating the relationships to non-defaults--it was a lot of fun for me to do. (Pancakes have lower friendship and romance than default, Johnny has a poor relationship with Nancy and a slightly better relationship with Geoffrey, added some tiny romance bars with Calientes to match the bio, etc.)

Also my custom townies include: a lesbian couple who are "new in town" and live in a modest house but have $9,999,999 in household funds and gold bars/money bags/a stolen ATM under their stairs, a big (two parents, three "children") family with very little money where the YA son has a romance with the YA woman down the street and the teen girl has a romance with the rich teen girl who's an only child across town, my artsy married gay couple... An aspiring actress with two cowplants and lots of urns in her attic...

I did pop in and put a machete and an urn under Jacques Villareal's basement stairs. Wink I should probably do more with his interesting career rewards... Wink

But I digress! if you use a starter save you can have any families you want in it. Just launch and immediately Save As.

Message 2 of 5 (417 Views)

Hero

@Sthenastia 

If you start and play a lot of saves, the way @xochiquetzl_xkvn does it is the way to go.  Saves a lot of time.  If you play long term saves or don't want to go to the trouble of setting one up there is another way to get the originals in the new save.  

The easy way for you to keep the original Goths for new saves is to keep them in your Library.  Since the new saves now will give the new Goths, you can download them just once and just keep them there for the next time.  They don't get deleted from your library when you put them in a game.  The game gets a copy.  If you have an old save with the originals in it, you could also save them to your library and use them.  One thing though, you probably ought to delete the new Goths first then place the old Goths in their place.  You might have to use the freerealestate cheat to give the saved household enough cash to buy the lot but you can use that at the map selection screen where you pick the lot.  Once the perimeter around the lot turns green, you can place the sims at no cost to buy the lot.

Hope this helps.

Message 3 of 5 (380 Views)

★ Guide

I wish there would be a way to opt out of the new Goth look some way. They look the same all this time I play Sims 4. I don't want them to change. One other more little detail on the list of things that discourage mey from playing Sims at the moment sigh.

Message 4 of 5 (349 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

What @CGrant56 said, although I mostly play longer saves with the odd shorter one thrown in (scenario/challenge/test). That said, it was super annoying to set up my holidays every time. Even if you mostly do longer saves, if you find replacing the Goths super annoying it might be worth it.

(Also, I just found it fun?)

Message 5 of 5 (330 Views)