Organization Tab Should Be Secondary not Primary

by Myhideout

Original Post

Organization Tab Should Be Secondary not Primary

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco-living, Get to work, University, Get Famous, Seasons, island living, city Living, Cats and Dogs, Get Together, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle, Parenthood, Vampires, Dineout, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Tiny Living, Moschino, My First Pet, Laundry Day, Toddler, Fitness, Bowling, Vintage Glamour, Back Yard, Kids Room Stuff, Romantic garden, Movie Hangout, spooky Stuff, Cool Kitchen, perfect Patio, Luxury Party,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not Even sure its a bug but since university has been installed i always have a blank organization greyed out selected instead of clubs.
What happens when the bug occurs? Every time i have to go to clubs for everything it constantly resets back to organizations after such as traveling and reloading the game.
What do you expect to see? I kind of expect to see something as organizations to not be the main selection every time as it is rarely used?
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

considering organizations are a temporary thing based on a event  i will only be doing for a few semesters of college but i have its menu choice that is unusable rest of time in my face, organizations have no purpose and you get kicked out upon graduation? why must i switch to club every time instead it just already be there.

It is even there before you can go to college makes no sense really clubs are join-able at as a child  so it should be its main selected option not a small situational organization tab that is not usable a child is nowhere even near able to access it. i have used organizations  once or twice in college that has zero carry over benefits.

every time you travel and many other actions you are reset back to an organizations tab and you now have to click over to clubs.

I will say this is very petty but seriously it really has annoyed me for a very long time on console and PC and given everything else that is going on with the new expansion I feel this needs to be said. either that or somebody please tell me i do not understand organizations. and they have more purpose than wasting valuable time in college building them up just to lose everything upon graduating after i maxed out the secret society and graduated and  got nothing for it i was done with that. they fixed the sprites bugs and such but i feel the organizations were just a poor attempt of making college clubs and now the tab is just there to annoy us. like a poster telling us do not forget to go to college so you can join a odd club and start out higher in jobs lol i think it is easier to get promoted the old way Standard smile 

Message 1 of 5 (532 Views)

Re: Organization Tab Should Be Secondary not Primary

★★★ Guide

Organizations are as far as I can tell completely pointless, but then pretty much all of the university expansion is more or less pointless. You spend a ton of time working towards a degree that only lets you skip a few levels of 1 career, but you can start that same career at level 1 and get to the same promotion level or higher in the same amount of time with less effort than going through the uni (that's what we call bad game design).

Nevertheless, the organizations tab doesn't really serve a purpose and there's no reason for it to be there (its one-button function can be done in the phone), and even less reason for it take priority over the clubs.

Message 2 of 5 (468 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@TheSteelRodent I don't mind it being there, it's just a little annoying that it's always the default. We use Clubs more than the Organizations, so having it default to that is just weird.
Message 3 of 5 (449 Views)

★ Guide
@Psychotps which was my point like i said though it is petty and the least
of our worries for the game as a whole at this time but i feel it should be addressed at some point. an acceptable solution would just put clubs first as much as you used the organizations anyways you would never get annoyed switching to it in my opinion.
Message 4 of 5 (421 Views)

Champion

@Myhideout@Psychotps , my guess is that they did this so we could easily find the tab and know it exists.Raised eyebrow 
But I completely agree that the Clubs tab should be the primary one!  All age groups from Child to Elder can be in clubs, while Organizations are mostly for Young Adults and then only for a short time.  Also, most players have more Clubs formed in their game than Organizations since we have been playing with Clubs for years , as opposed to only playing with Organizations for months.Large smile  For new players that doesn't matter so much, but the majority of players started playing before Discover University ever existed! Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 5 of 5 (388 Views)