Ordering Codes On Amazon?

by BrynnasaurusRex

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Ordering Codes On Amazon?

★ Apprentice

Hello everyone! I was planning to get a Sims pack from Amazon, specifically Discover University, because I have a gift card. I play on Mac, so when I checked to see the details of the code, I noticed I had chosen the PC option. I switched to PC/Mac, but then it gave me Get Together. I checked the system requirements, and it said Windows 10. I checked all the other options that had to do with Mac (PC / Mac, PC/Mac, PC/Mac Online Game Code, and Instant Access). Every time I checked one, and selected discover university, it'd give me Xbox One Digital Code. My second question is what is the difference between instant access, PC/Mac, PC / Mac, and PC/Mac Online Game Code?

Message 1 of 2 (1,009 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Ordering Codes On Amazon?

@BrynnasaurusRex  If you buy a PC code for a Sims 4 pack, you're getting a code for both the PC and Mac versions of the game.  They're treated as one entity, with one entry in your Origin library that gives you the ability to download into both Windows and macOS.  I have one copy of each of my packs, and they all install in both OSs just fine.

So go ahead and buy the PC code for Discover University if that's the pack you want.  You'll be fine.  Just make sure you're buying from Amazon itself and not a third-party retailer, or you might not get what you think you're buying.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (989 Views)

All Replies

Re: Ordering Codes On Amazon?

@BrynnasaurusRex  If you buy a PC code for a Sims 4 pack, you're getting a code for both the PC and Mac versions of the game.  They're treated as one entity, with one entry in your Origin library that gives you the ability to download into both Windows and macOS.  I have one copy of each of my packs, and they all install in both OSs just fine.

So go ahead and buy the PC code for Discover University if that's the pack you want.  You'll be fine.  Just make sure you're buying from Amazon itself and not a third-party retailer, or you might not get what you think you're buying.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (990 Views)