Re: Option to change eye colours is missing

by LolaLikesC4

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Option to change eye colours is missing

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I have non-default CC eyes in my game. They work fine on older sims that I've made. However, any new sims are missing the option to change their eye colours. All new sims are born with the same brown coloured eyes and this can't be edited at all, not during any life stage (this includes all pets) I have the same problem with NPC sims or any newly spawned sim.

The option to edit the CC eyes shows up with my older sims and I have no problems with them whatsoever.

Deleting the CC eyes will be my last resort. Some people report that the issue is with "disabling CC for random" in Sims4Studio. Others say its simply that the CC eyes are broken.

I have seen others report a similar bug and their solution was to click on the eye randomization button, the "dice" button which usually helps the eye colour option get unstuck. However, the randomization button doesn't show up at all for me so this isn't an option.

Has any one else had this issue and found some type of solution that I could be missing?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 8 (19,601 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Champion

@LolaLikesC4  , is your CC (and any Mods) updated to work with the most recent game update of June 10th? Wondering If not, it could be that your CC (and mods if you use them) have become outdated.  Outdated CC/Mods often cause problems in the game. Disappointed You will have to test to see if it really is a CC/Mods problem , and if so, which CC item(s) or Mods are the culprit, and then go an get the updated versions of these that are compatible with the June 10th game patch! Raised eyebrow

To test if your Mods/CC is causing the problem, and to find out which CC item or Mod it is, please do all of the following in order:

1) Move the Mods Folder to your desktop

2) Delete the  localthumbcache.package file in the game folder. (This is very important!) Raised eyebrow

3) Fix you game in Origin by logging in and go to Library, then right-click on The Sims 4 and choose the "Repair Game" option from the list.  Wait until Origin finishes repairing all your packs and not just the base game. (If you are on a Mac then it will just update the base game). 

4) Now, when you turn on your game again, it will create a new mods folder that will be empty.  Check to see if your game is now working without mods/CC.

5) Now you can try adding back items from your Mods folder one at a time checking your game each time to see which item is causing your game to not work properly.  If you have a lot of items, you can try the 50/50 Method. 

The CC creators will usually update the CC items and Mods after these updates, so when you find out which one is the culprit, you can get the updated version from whoever made that item of CC in the first place.  You should try these steps anytime you have problems in your game to rule out CC/Mods problems.  It is the responsibility of the Mods/CC creators to update their items anytime EA releases a patch/update, and it is the responsibility of the people who use Mods/CC to make sure they are using the most recent version, which in this case is the version of the CC or Mod that is compatible with June 10th.
Once you have replaced all outdated CC/Mods, then you can replace your Mods folder in your game! Standard smile

If the steps listed above don't help, then your problem could be something else, but we have to rule out any CC/Mods conflicts first! Wink

Please update us on your situation! Angel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 8 (19,532 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide
@LolaLikesC4
Have you tried reinstalling the game, or Verifying its Install?

Please Note: I don't play the game, but when I see a Bug of this type, and I can't fix it, I reinstall the game. Though I recommend you back-up your Sims Data before Uninstalling the game.
Message 2 of 8 (19,564 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@LolaLikesC4  , is your CC (and any Mods) updated to work with the most recent game update of June 10th? Wondering If not, it could be that your CC (and mods if you use them) have become outdated.  Outdated CC/Mods often cause problems in the game. Disappointed You will have to test to see if it really is a CC/Mods problem , and if so, which CC item(s) or Mods are the culprit, and then go an get the updated versions of these that are compatible with the June 10th game patch! Raised eyebrow

To test if your Mods/CC is causing the problem, and to find out which CC item or Mod it is, please do all of the following in order:

1) Move the Mods Folder to your desktop

2) Delete the  localthumbcache.package file in the game folder. (This is very important!) Raised eyebrow

3) Fix you game in Origin by logging in and go to Library, then right-click on The Sims 4 and choose the "Repair Game" option from the list.  Wait until Origin finishes repairing all your packs and not just the base game. (If you are on a Mac then it will just update the base game). 

4) Now, when you turn on your game again, it will create a new mods folder that will be empty.  Check to see if your game is now working without mods/CC.

5) Now you can try adding back items from your Mods folder one at a time checking your game each time to see which item is causing your game to not work properly.  If you have a lot of items, you can try the 50/50 Method. 

The CC creators will usually update the CC items and Mods after these updates, so when you find out which one is the culprit, you can get the updated version from whoever made that item of CC in the first place.  You should try these steps anytime you have problems in your game to rule out CC/Mods problems.  It is the responsibility of the Mods/CC creators to update their items anytime EA releases a patch/update, and it is the responsibility of the people who use Mods/CC to make sure they are using the most recent version, which in this case is the version of the CC or Mod that is compatible with June 10th.
Once you have replaced all outdated CC/Mods, then you can replace your Mods folder in your game! Standard smile

If the steps listed above don't help, then your problem could be something else, but we have to rule out any CC/Mods conflicts first! Wink

Please update us on your situation! Angel

Message 3 of 8 (19,533 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thank you for the reply! I have been trying to pinpoint broken CC and have found that since the patch there is some CC that is in my game but DOESN'T show up in CAS. I would like to update this CC but how can I do that when I can't even find it in CAS to identify what needs to be updated? I hope that makes sense. Would be sad to lose some of my favourite CC. Am I missing some obvious solution to this? Thanks for your help, I am working on doing all of your suggestions rn 😊 

Message 4 of 8 (19,490 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@LolaLikesC4 A lot of CC eye replacements were reported to be broken by the June 3rd game patch but the good news is that many of them have updated replacements available. You can check this site to see if any of the CC items you are using are on the list of "known broken CC" and to look for replacements:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/976565/broken-updated-mods-cc-june-20-eco-lifestyle-patc...

If you can find an updated version of the default eye replacement that you are currently using, make sure you delete the old version when you are installing the new version. It's generally not a good idea to keep any broken CC in your Mods folder because it's possible that they might affect other parts of your game. Also, whenever you take broken CC out of your Mods folder it's very important, like @PugLove888 said, to delete your localthumbcache.package file in your Sims 4 folder. This will clear any bad data from the broken CC out of your game cache. I delete the localthumbcache.package file every time I make any changes to my Mods folder even if my mods and CC are working fine. The game will auto-generate a new cache file the next time you launch it.

Message 5 of 8 (19,464 Views)

Champion

@LolaLikesC4, I was just going to say that all your CC files should be in your Mods folder.  That is how you know what CC or Mods you have.Wink But I do see the difficulty of testing for outdated/broken CC when it is affecting how your CC is displaying in-game. Often this is easier because the outdated CC will affect things that come with the game (EA/Maxis items or actions) so that is easier to check for, I think.  
But CC not being updated to work with game patches is one of the reasons I stopped using CC and Mods.  It just got too cumbersome to go through a large amount of CC to keep up with it. Disappointed And I didn't want to risk messing up other aspects of my game by keeping broken CC or Mods! Shocked Devil  And like you mentioned having to give up outdated CC can be painful especially if you use it a lot! Frown

Also, feel free to update us on your results! Standard smile

And thank you @RandomBuzziness Angel  for your insight (since I haven't used CC/Mods since TS3) and wouldn't have thought about that link you gave! Large smile

Message 6 of 8 (19,427 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It's funny and annoying, some of my sims that I already made have the option to change the eyecolor and others don't. The ones who don't have the option were sims that had cc eyes I removed previously.

Message 7 of 8 (4,886 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all,

This thread has now been locked- If you need further assistance on this, please see the guide here at the top of the forum for steps to resolve this. 

solaire.png

Message 8 of 8 (4,842 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help