Re: Only One Parent Listed for Sim

by Ayeryss

Original Post

Only One Parent Listed for Sim

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all expansions all game packs except the camping one stuff packs only: vintage glamour & movie hangout
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Sims woohoo in rocket, they came out of rocket invisible. This included the picture on the side left corner. Woohoo resulted in pregnancy which led to only one parent being listed.
What happens when the bug occurs? When the space rocket came back after my sims woohooed, they both came out invisible. This may or may not relate but I think it caused a glitch that resulted in the following: Woohoo resulted in pregnancy (between to males), but only sim who gave birth shows as parent.
What do you expect to see? Both fathers to be listed as parent. Child to recognise other father as his parent. (The child is currently a toddler). If for some reason he isn't the father, I want it to show who the other father or parent is. This couple also have a daughter together, and she shows both of them as being her parents.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I know the other sim is also the father because the child is a mermaid, and only the impregnanting father is a mermaid.
Impregnanted father only knows one other mermaid (the father of his boyfriend and there is no romance between them).
But the child shows as only having one parent.
I have not had the one giving birth woohoo with anyone else.

The impregnating sim also had the parental panic when the other one went into labour.

I hope my explanation made sense. I could not find an instance where this happened in Sims 4. So if this has been reported and I missed it, my appollogies.

Message 1 of 8 (3,048 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Ayeryss The invisible SIms after rocket woohoo has a thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Become-invisible-after-a-space-travel-Rocket/td-p/65613...

As you are using mods, are you sure it wasn't a mod that caused the daughter to have two fathers ? I can't check atm but can you create a child with two fathers in CAS ?

EDIT: NVM. Seems that's possible

What kinds of mods did you have in at the time ? Can you duplicate the same when you try again with no mods in ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (3,004 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you for responding.

Do you mean can i have them woohoo try for baby in the rocket and see if baby only has one parent? I will give it a try and see what happens.

The issue was that the son only had one father listed when he should have had two. (sorry if the way I wrote the issue was confusing)

I wondered if somehow the glitch with the rocket turning them invisible made the resulting son only recognise one father, as they already had a daughter who recognises both fathers.

the mods i'm using are ones pertaining to risky woohoo, enable debug cheats, show sim info, nomosaic, don't wash dishes where you angry poo

Message 3 of 8 (2,970 Views)

Hero
@Ayeryss Yeah best is to test the following scenarios without mods installed

- Try for baby in rocket with two same-sex Sims
- Try for baby in rocket with two opposite sex Sims

Then check if it happens again

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (2,948 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hi,
Sorry took so long for me to get back to you on this.

So I tried having to separate couples try for baby in the rocket without any mods as you suggested. After leaving the rocket, only one sim was invisible for the first couple, but shortly after reappeared. For the second couple both sims were invisible after exiting the rocket until they left the premises. Both couples had twins and all children recognised both parents. So I have not been able to duplicate this with the removal of mods.

Does this mean that somehow one of my mods was affecting the original sims in questions’s son only having one parent listed?

Two other differing factors from the sims I just tested this out with that could affect this, is the impregnating sim of first couple is still a teen (so mod is needed to reproduce with them). (It also did not affect their first child who recognises both of them as her fathers). He also doesn’t live with his boyfriend and kids. Maybe these are irrelevant. I hope that made sense.

Is there a way to fix it so that he is listed as the other father?

Message 5 of 8 (2,908 Views)

Hero
@Ayeryss If you can't duplicate this on a vanilla game, then yes, it's most likely a mod that could have caused it.

Maybe try putting risky woohoo back and see if you can duplicate it with only that installed to see if you can narrow it down ? There are of course chances that it occurs on a vanilla game under certain circumstances but as long as no one else has this issue and you can't duplicate it on vanilla, I'd rather say it's a mod issue.

The becoming invisible is a known issue as said above though

You should be able to fix the relationship with MCCC or with cheats.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (2,884 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi,
Thanks again for getting back to me so fast, and appologies for getting back to you so slowly (had a lot going on).
I was able to eventually fix the relationship in the relationship panel but not the family tree using MCCC but not cheats. I’ll keep messing with it.
I’ll also keep playing around with it and see if I can get the same results again.

Thanks again!

Message 7 of 8 (2,845 Views)

Hero
@Ayeryss I'm moving this to General Discussion for now.

Let me know if you can repro on a vanilla game (please tag me)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (2,806 Views)