Re: One Ring to Bind Them All? What is this?!

by angelictrait

Original Post

One Ring to Bind Them All? What is this?!

★★★★ Novice

Can anyone help me figure out what it means when an engagement ring glows like this during a proposal? I can't seem to reproduce it in the game with previous saves, and have never seen anything like this in all the Sim proposals I have seen. I need to know for making a storyline decision. It didn't just glow for a second, but from the moment he gave it to her, til she put it on. Then it quit glowing like this. The closest I have seen is just a glint or sparkle that you could miss if you blinked.  But really, what does it mean or how did it happen?

HtQfP5y.png

Message 1 of 11 (751 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice
@gamertherapy this might not have anything to do with it but is all their relationship stats the highest they can go? Are they also best friends?
Message 2 of 11 (736 Views)

Champion

@gamertherapyand @angelictrait , while I'm not sure if I've had that happen in my game or not (I tend to make Sims already married in CAS, so I don't have that many engagements)..  However, I have seen a sparkle or shine like that on one of the collectable eggs! Raised eyebrow I have no idea why either! ShockedLarge smile  It was back before Seasons (and the egg hunt holiday activity), before TS4 was on console and they had updates that let you do limited-time activities by contacting a special Sim called Jasmine Holiday.  She would often give your Sims challenges and one of them was to collect eggs in the world.  Well, one of them glowed just like your ring.  I even had another egg just like it that didn't glow! Raised eyebrow And I had this happen in two different households in 2 different save games!   I never found out why this happened! Wondering

04-18-16_9-40-16 PM.png04-15-16_4-54-59 AM.png

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 11 (704 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@PugLove888  The glowing egg was in my game too so you're not the only one who's seen that.  But it did change somewhere along the way and now it doesn't do that anymore.  So I think it was a deliberate change made after we got the option to create the event on the calendar.  I just keeping hoping that they will make a change to make it reset before the next time that holiday rolls around though.  But at least there is a mod I know about that will do it so.....

As for the glowing ring, I think still happens every now and then but I may be mistaken.  It's very reminiscent of engagements in Sims 2 though.  I'll know soon whether it still happens that way since I have a few couples in the wings that I'm planning to get married once they finish university.  

I've also noticed a number or glowing, sparkly type things that have been added too.  Still trying to figure out the significance of the sparkles around some, but not all, fishing signs for instance.

Message 4 of 11 (671 Views)

Champion

@CGrant56, thank you for mentioning that you have seen glowing eggs too! Raised eyebrowStandard smile And just like you, mine no longer glow! Frown  I would still love to know why they did that in the first place.  I agree with you that it was probably Seasons and the inclusion of the egg hunt holiday activity that changed this. 

But I don't want to use Mods so that isn't an option for me... but if you get that mod and test it, please update me! Angel

@gamertherapyand @angelictrait , the only other reason that I can think of why some of the rings glow and others don't is that perhaps you have changed your graphics settings in your game?  Wondering   While this is possible, I admit it is a long shot and probably not the reason.  Still, I thought I'd mention it just in case! Wink

Message 5 of 11 (643 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@gamertherapy 
The sparkle is to make the ring more special {and easier to see}.
I tend to pause at these moments if I want to capture the moment for a story.
If memory serves this has been an ongoing "feature" in The Sims series.

- EQ Avid Sims Player
#EQCreations
I do not work for EA
All packs installed and patches are current.
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 6 of 11 (627 Views)

Hero

@PugLove888  The mod I mentioned is a very small one and only causes all the objects you have hunted in for an egg to reset to the initial state.  As far as mods go, it pretty much benign.  I haven't used it yet since I'm still able to finding objects on community lots that still have the Hunt option on them.  But at some point, I am going to have to put it in so later generations will be able to do the hunt.  I don't know exactly how it works and while I use mods, I try to get away with as few as possible.  I'm kind of hoping that if I put it in and run the game awhile and then save and exit and pull the mod out, that it will have reset the objects throughout the save all in one shot and the mod doesn't need to stay in the game afterwards.  But I don't know.  The creator of this one is well known and she is good.  Each of her mods are all pretty small and do one thing only.  And they seem to always work though she does occasionally have to update one now and again.

Message 7 of 11 (620 Views)

Champion

@CGrant56, I don't want to use Mods at all, with the only exception of when the game ends. Wink  But I do like the idea of a smaller, simpler Mod that should be easier to keep track of.  I just am not going to use any .  Large smile

Message 8 of 11 (587 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@CGrant56 wrote:

<snipped>

I've also noticed a number or glowing, sparkly type things that have been added too.  Still trying to figure out the significance of the sparkles around some, but not all, fishing signs for instance.

The sparkling fishing signs mean that a mermaid has cast the spell "Aquatic Lure" on it. This increases the fishing rate so you're more likely to catch higher quality fish, and also effectively raises the skill level of the sim who is fishing about 2 levels. Great for skilling up beginner fishermen & finding rare catches.

I've not noticed the ring glowing in engagements, but I wonder if it is a sort of "blessing"? Maybe if both are soulmate status & bff's, it could increase the likelihood of a positive outcome (engagement accepted), or give a higher happiness buff? Or, if there are hearts floating around, maybe it's a romance buff. Just guessing, but I'm sure there is supposed to be a significance. Who knows if it works or not, though? 🙂

Message 9 of 11 (575 Views)

Champion

@BlackjackWidow, maybe it is soulmates or BFF status that enhances the engagement ring!?!Thinking  I like that idea anyway! Heart

Message 10 of 11 (557 Views)