Re: Off-grid-living: illnesses

by SheriGR

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Off-grid-living: illnesses

★★★★★ Novice

My sims are living off-the-grid, and the husband and wife have come down with two separate illnesses. I'm not sure how to handle this and I'm afraid it's going to spread even further, onto the kids. Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 9 (2,978 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Champion

@JenniferFerSure 

Many of their sicknesses can be cured with sleep. Other possible illness cures:

• Go to the library and order medicine on the computer. Stock up and take it home in your inventory.
  • If you have Seasons have your sim go to a lot that is not off the grid and order medicine on their phone. On the phone go to Household > Purchase Gifts and look for the Medicine. Stock up and take it home in your inventory. [Tip from @MapleSimmer]
  • If you have Outdoor Retreat you can become an herbalist. You could use the computer at the library to purchase Herbalist books (one, two & three). You can also get and grow herbalist plants.
  • Shortcut: I have a lot of plants in the EA community gallery that I grew in my game, and most are above normal, some are 'perfect' - under #SheriGR. You can download & use them to make a garden, and I think all of the herbalist plants are there as well.
  • With seasons you can add a beehive to your garden. If you tend the bees well your honey quality will gradually improve. The better the honey quality the more helpful it will be, and it is helpful for illness. There is honey in my gallery, but it is only normal quality. Edit: I've found out that honey only helps for giving a 4 hour temperature immunity (and a happy moodlet). It will not cure a sickness.
  • Pets: You take pets to the vet clinic if they're sick, but sometimes a wellness treat will cure them. You can go to the vet clinic and purchase several wellness treats at the vending machine and keep them in your inventory to try first if the pet becomes ill.

There is some info here, but much would not help off the grid (like using the tea machine): https://simscommunity.info/2015/04/04/the-sims-4-get-to-work-how-to-cure-your-sick-sim/

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (2,963 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion

@JenniferFerSure 

Many of their sicknesses can be cured with sleep. Other possible illness cures:

• Go to the library and order medicine on the computer. Stock up and take it home in your inventory.
  • If you have Seasons have your sim go to a lot that is not off the grid and order medicine on their phone. On the phone go to Household > Purchase Gifts and look for the Medicine. Stock up and take it home in your inventory. [Tip from @MapleSimmer]
  • If you have Outdoor Retreat you can become an herbalist. You could use the computer at the library to purchase Herbalist books (one, two & three). You can also get and grow herbalist plants.
  • Shortcut: I have a lot of plants in the EA community gallery that I grew in my game, and most are above normal, some are 'perfect' - under #SheriGR. You can download & use them to make a garden, and I think all of the herbalist plants are there as well.
  • With seasons you can add a beehive to your garden. If you tend the bees well your honey quality will gradually improve. The better the honey quality the more helpful it will be, and it is helpful for illness. There is honey in my gallery, but it is only normal quality. Edit: I've found out that honey only helps for giving a 4 hour temperature immunity (and a happy moodlet). It will not cure a sickness.
  • Pets: You take pets to the vet clinic if they're sick, but sometimes a wellness treat will cure them. You can go to the vet clinic and purchase several wellness treats at the vending machine and keep them in your inventory to try first if the pet becomes ill.

There is some info here, but much would not help off the grid (like using the tea machine): https://simscommunity.info/2015/04/04/the-sims-4-get-to-work-how-to-cure-your-sick-sim/

Message 2 of 9 (2,964 Views)

Champion

@JenniferFerSure, in addition to the many fantastic choices that @SheriGR mentioned, I know of one other you can try:  If you have The Outdoor Retreat GP, there are a couple of coolers that you can use that you should be able to get juice from.Standard smile  I don't have a sick Sim in my game right now to test, but I tested it with a healthy Sim to see if they could at least drink the juice from the cooler, and they could.  So, if you have that pack, it is worth a try! Wink

Best of luck! 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 9 (2,945 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you both for your responses! So helpful! Thanks!!!

Message 4 of 9 (2,920 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@JenniferFerSure We're so happy to help! :eahigh_file: Have fun with your Island Living adventure, and thank you responding back and updating us. It's useful to us to know when answers are on target and to hear results! Heart 

Message 5 of 9 (2,918 Views)

Champion

@JenniferFerSure, we are happy to help!:eahigh_file:  Happy Simming! Party hat

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 6 of 9 (2,899 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@SheriGR I love that so many of the challenges in "Off grid" can be solved by thinking the way I did when I was a poor university student. Wink
Message 7 of 9 (2,865 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Thinking about this some more, none of my sims have gotten sick and the only thing I can think of is that I use the fridge that is off grid capable, live on fresh fish cooked using the Volcano fire pit. Also kept a lot of distance between the trees (before I bought a toilet), the garbage and where the sims live.

So maybe there is also something to prevention?

Message 8 of 9 (2,864 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Jaelk It wouldn't surprise me! I have not plaid the trait yet, but I look forward to it. Sounds rather interesting, and like a great challenge! Glad you're having fun at it! 

Message 9 of 9 (2,850 Views)