Re: Now ghosts AND goofballs are breaking plumbing??

by Psychotps

Original Post

Now ghosts AND goofballs are breaking plumbing??

★ Apprentice

Can you please re-do the “prank toilet” actually breaking the toilet?? I don’t mind that it becomes filthy, like when throwing up, or that it affects the sim who uses it, but the endless breaking of plumbing in this game is ridiculous and has gotten worse after the latest update.

Since I mentioned the ghosts... I am playing a legacy and I can’t have my ghosts roaming around in the night since if I do, all of the plumbing will need to be replaced in the morning (my sims needs to pee or shower in the morning, repairing them all takes too long). WHY is it necessary with the constant breaking? If they broke a toilet like twice a week, that would be fine, but ONE ghost literally breaks two bathrooms full of stuff in a single night.

Summary: Please consider removing or nerfing the breaking of plumbing, would make the gameplay more tolerable. 

Message 1 of 7 (476 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@lizafideli95 A bug report for the goofballs is here Goofballs/Mischiefs obsessed with mischief and etc. Please report Goofball trouble there.

A bug report for ghosts is here Ghosts breaking things constantly. Please report your ghost trouble there.

Message 2 of 7 (461 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@lizafideli95

Lol, on the bright side... It makes leveling up in Handiness a lot quicker.
Message 3 of 7 (452 Views)

★ Apprentice

I understand how this might be considered a ‘bug’, but at the same time this is kind of an established interaction for ghosts and has always been, so that it is a bug is kind of misleading. It is much like the dust bunnies or the constant intrusion from strangers when having a conversation between two sims: designed to happen. It needs to be tuned and reduced or removed. This is why I made a post in the feedback-section rather than a bug report. 

Message 4 of 7 (438 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@lizafideli95

I'm starting to notice quite a few things like that. Individually, they're just fine. Combined with other things, it's not... balanced any longer.

Take gardening for example. Normal gardening with no buffs is just fine in how fast they evolve. Plant on a lot with the "Tiny" residential buff, and they evolve a lot quicker. Same goes for fertilizing, bee hives, gardening traits, etc. Use them all together and the evolution rates are so high it's not funny. Normal to Perfect in less than a week.

It's the same as you said with things breaking. Ghosts break, pranks, gnomes, etc. Individually, it's fine. When you have multiple packs, it gets to be too much.

I'm not sure there's a proper fix for it. You can't just nerf the base-game stuff because then they'll not break hardly at all if you don't have the other packs. So, what... remove the pack items that cause that? That won't benefit those people that don't have it and the people that do are now upset that their pack is worth less. I'm not sure if there is a solution that will benefit everyone.

On the short-term... there is a fix for the ghosts breaking things if you don't mind mods. MCCC's MCTuner will allow you to turn off ghosts automatically breaking things all the time. I have it set in my game and ghosts haven't broken anything in my game in ages.

The ghosts breaking things is far too often and annoying. Which is why I turned it off.

Message 5 of 7 (418 Views)

★ Apprentice

Ahh I love how mods are saving this game from total destruction, haha. I actually use MCCC but I did not know about this, so thank you @Psychotps ! I will definitely look into that later today Standard smile 

Message 6 of 7 (399 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@lizafideli95

If you already have it, then find the file mc_tuner.cfg in the MCCC mods directory and add this line...

102774,Ghost_Possess_Break_Plumbing

That will stop ghosts breaking things. You can find things manually with MCTuner, but it's a bit complicated and I already found the code ages ago.
Message 7 of 7 (386 Views)