Not sure where to put this

by TygerNight

Original Post

Highlighted

Not sure where to put this

★ Guide

My toddler just got a phone call from... some Sim's pic but no name, to go to the Sim Sessions. I thought about the bug reports but how do I answer things like 'how often does this happen' and 'how can we make it happen'... Anyone know what's up with toddlers getting phone calls for the Sim Sessions?

~Tyger <3

Message 1 of 8 (595 Views)

Help! My toddler is sick! How??

★ Guide

I was looking at my toddler playing in the sand and hovered over one of the playful moodlets. It says "Giggly (From Illness) Uncontrollable laughs are only funny for so long. 2 hours"

I've never had a sick toddler before, what do I do? I can't give her the medicine! Frown

~Tyger <3

Message 2 of 8 (585 Views)

Re: Not sure where to put this

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@TygerNight Please open a bug report on the Bug Forum for these issues.

Message 3 of 8 (549 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@TygerNight  A few tips:

On the first question you can say if it only happens with one sim, or one household, if it happens every time you play, or just the once.

The second question I believe is asked for the benefit of those EA personnel needing to replicate the issue in gameplay before alerting the actual programmers to the problem, since one hired force is cheaper than the other. Finding and being able to duplicate the bug in gameplay is also a way to understand what is happening, and gives an incling on where to look for the problem in the game code. So to answer it you can list what always happens in gameplay just before the issue occurs - if it happens often. You can also describe the context, for example if the toddler has many acquaintance listed in their personal panel, and of what kind.

I am wondering though, if it looks like this:

message from baby offspring in other household.png

Does your toddler know a sim that is a baby, and lives in another household? that is what my picture is for. The sim without a picture calling, is her baby, that I moved to another household. The fact that babies call to congratulate on newly aqcuired relationships I think is an intended feature, and just sims humour.

Message 4 of 8 (497 Views)

★ Guide
@PoptartJuniper I wanted to do that first thing, but like I said, I can't answer certain mandatory questions. As far as the sick toddler, I have no idea how it happened, how can I suggest a way for the MODs to recreate it? For the record, when she aged up she was still sick and took medicine to recover.
Message 5 of 8 (473 Views)

★ Guide
@DonroaAkashu My parent Sims have gobs of friends, I run a strange home. Mom and Dad are immortal, Babies are cared for, aged up to toddlers, and all skills maxed. Then I tend to age them to young adults to move them to their own houses. The only people in their contact list are Mom, Dad, and whatever nanny I hired before their toddlerhood. So no... They know no one else but those at home, not even more than 2 siblings since I get all twins and sometimes keep children around a while for schooling.
Message 6 of 8 (472 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

So it did not look like in my picture, but did you take a picture? Did it just happen once? 

About the toddler being sick, I have seen other reports of them getting sick, and am bound to think it is intentional. That is just my personal opinion though, and if you want a SimGuru to state that it is by design or not just make a bug report, I have never seen them post in this section.

EA are aware that the bug report template is confusing to players, and I think you as customer are allowed to make one even if you don't fill it out properly.

EDIT:

@TygerNight 

I found this player taken photo of a sim calling a cat to attend the sessions - is that what you saw as well, a sim with no name inviting the toddler?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/Sims-Sessions-is-in-Session/m-p/10476170/highl...

I think here too that the explanation could be that the feature does not exclude children, or pets, from being called/calling; and subsequently that it isn't a bug. Again, just my opinion as a player and you are still allowed to make a bug report.

Message 7 of 8 (459 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@TygerNight Is your language on AHQ set to something other than English? If so, change the language to English and you should be able to fill out the form.

If the language is not the issue, just answer the questions as best as you can.

Message 8 of 8 (425 Views)