Not sure if this is a bug or if I am just unlucky

by cinnamon-on-toas

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Not sure if this is a bug or if I am just unlucky

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

So I am doing the 100 baby challenge in my sims game. I'm a bit frustrated because i'm on the third generation now and have had only three sets of twins out of 29 total pregnancies. My current matriarch has had 8 kids so far and they were all single births. I've never had a set of triplets. And my current matriarch has the fertility reward trait and has had it for all of her pregnancies. I have no mods/cc and only packs I have are seasons, island living, get to work, and get together. Does anyone know if there is a bug, or if I'm just reaaaaaally unlucky? And does anyone know how it's possible my first matriarch had more sets of twins then the other two matriarchs combined??

First matriarch- 2 sets of twins

Second matriarch- 1 set of twins

Third/current matriarch- no sets of twins or triplets yet

First matriarch- 8 kids

second matriarch- 16 kids

third/current matriarch- 8 and counting

(Third matriarch hasn't been matriarch for very long yet)

Edit: Ok thank you guys! I just have to keep trying lol. 

Message 1 of 4 (470 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Not sure if this is a bug or if I am just unlucky

★★★★ Expert
@cinnamon-on-toas I think triplets are severely uncommon. Without cheating, I've never actually had triplets naturally. I've had twins a number of times, but never triplets.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (441 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Expert
@cinnamon-on-toas I think triplets are severely uncommon. Without cheating, I've never actually had triplets naturally. I've had twins a number of times, but never triplets.
Message 2 of 4 (442 Views)

Champion

@cinnamon-on-toas, I will back up what @Psychotps said, in that triplets are very, very rare.   I did have them one time in The Sims 4, and only that one time. (And I have been playing this since day 1 back in 2014, and I love to play families! Raised eyebrowLarge smile

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 4 (397 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

You didn't mention using the Ley Line Lot Trait on your lot.  I am also doing the 100 Babies Challenge and I have had MANY twins.  My first generations Matriarch had 22 babies in 13 pregnancies. Only 4 pregnancies were singles.  I don't use any cheats or mods that would affect her having twins.  Just the Lot Trait and the Fertile Reward Trait.  I am barely into the 2nd Generation.  She had 2 singles and then I realized that I had forgotten the Ley Line lot trait and changed it and her next pregnancy was twins.  I have not had triplets in this Save, but in my Legacy Family, I have had two sets of triplets.  In both cases, I had on the Ley Line Trait, the occult ley line trait (they are Spellcasters), then I use a Fertilty Massage, plus used a Fertility potion (from Herbalism).  The other thing is-and I'm not sure if this works-is during the whole pregnancy I listen to Kids Radio.  I read somewhere that that will encourage multiples.  I have no idea if it's true.  But overall, it is rare for me to have a single birth and it is usually when I am at 7 in the household and there just isn't room for anymore than a single.

Message 4 of 4 (257 Views)