Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Nonbinary Sims

by larsmitty

Original Post

Highlighted

Nonbinary Sims

★ Newbie

I know the sims has options to make trans men and trans women, but they don’t have any nonbinary sims! I was wondering if they were planning to add them anytime soon? If not, it would be really great to add them, by doing things such as allowing people of each gender to Change their pronouns to different ones (they/them, they/he, etc.) and adding in more gender options!!! Thank You!  

Message 1 of 8 (1,897 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Nonbinary Sims

Champion

The problem is that there doesn't really exist nonbinary people. We are all born with either Female or Male parts. Actually The Sims (and some dolls) are the closets you can come to nonbinary since they don't really have these parts. It is up to you if you refer to your Sims as he, she or it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

I do not work for EA or Origin. I am a player like you that enjoys helping others with their game.
Message 2 of 8 (1,852 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide
@jpkarlsen Well said. Exactly this.
Message 3 of 8 (1,838 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Pro

There are a variety of conditions in which a person is born with a reproductive or sexual anatomy that doesn’t fit the typical definitions of female or male. That's just one example of a non-binary person. Multiple countries legally recognize non-binary or third gender classifications so I think all @larsmitty is asking is for Sims to eventually do the same and include them as well.

Message 4 of 8 (1,820 Views)
Highlighted

Champion

While there is a few people that are born with three chromosomes (XXY) that you could call non-binary there is really no way to reflect that as genitals are not shown so even though they in real life have both * and a * (one of them rudimentary) you will not see it in game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

I do not work for EA or Origin. I am a player like you that enjoys helping others with their game.
Message 5 of 8 (1,800 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

I don't think anyone is asking for realistic anatomy in Sims 4. In real life not everyone is either male or female. Intersexuality is only one example of this. Where I live you can legally designate M (male), F (female), or X (persons who do not identify as male or female) as your sex. It's the same in many other countries as well. In Sims 4 Create-A-Sim you have to choose between being male or female with no option for choosing non-binary. Sure, there are allowances for some customization, but you still have to choose between male or female. I think a third option to choose playing a non-binary Sim is all they are asking for here.

CAS.JPG

Message 6 of 8 (1,778 Views)
Highlighted

Champion

@RandomBuzziness 

People with XXY chromosomes also have male genitalia from birth. So you are advocating for a third button that would also generate a male SIM. Why not use the male symbol and call the resulting Sim non-binary That is essentially what happens in real life.

Message 7 of 8 (1,750 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@jpkarlsen I'm not so much advocating for a third gender in Sims 4 as I am trying to clarify what I think the person in the original post is asking for. I think you are also trying to find clarity here and I appreciate that very much. In real life there are some people who have a gender that blends elements of being a man or a woman, or a gender that is different than either male or female. Some people don't identify with any gender. In many countries there are legal designations for non-binary people who do not identify as male or female, so I am guessing that in their original post they are asking if EA can do something like this in Sims 4.

I think EA has done an awesome job so far in trying to be inclusive for all types of people with all types of real life experiences & they already have non-binary characters in some of their other games. I would not surprised at all to learn if they are already considering doing something like this for Sims 4 as well.

Message 8 of 8 (1,725 Views)
Twitter Stream