Re: No winter tops for children?

by PugLove888

Original Post

No winter tops for children?

★★ Novice

I have Seasons, but I wanted to create a family only with base game content. Everything was going fine until I reached the children's winter clothes options. For both male and female children, there doesn't seem to be any base game options for the tops or full body. Is this normal?

Also, for people who only have the base game, do you have options for children's winter tops?

Message 1 of 2 (329 Views)

Re: No winter tops for children?

Champion

@taiga_ameca, since you don't need to have Seasons to have the categories of cold weather clothing (or Winter clothing), because of the patch that was issued that allowed for these categories.  So, if you want to set a cold weather clothing outfit not using the Seasons pack, you can still do this.  Or even if you have Seasons and still only want to use the Base Game items, you can still set a cold weather clothing category.  Here's how to do it:

1.) open CAS to make a Sim or if playing a household click on a dresser and choose "Plan Outfit".  It will bring you into CAS.

2.) select the Cold Weather category on the right hand side

3.) above the different categories, there is a bar that lists tags such as "feminine" "sleep", etc.  click on the little red "x" on the tag that says "Cold Weather" in order to get rid of the tag.

4.) Now you can choose any item of clothing as Cold Weather, even if it is a swimsuit!  So find a long sleeved shirt that isn't tagged as "Cold Weather" and use it as a cold weather outfit!  

Just remember, it isn't how warm or cool an article of clothing should be, it is what category you put it in that makes it "weather appropriate".  An outfit that has a coat as a choice for any category other than "Cold Weather" will not keep you warm, just like a swimsuit set as a Cold Weather outfit will keep you warm and toasty no matter how bad that blizzard gets! Raised eyebrowCoolLarge smile

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 2 (308 Views)