No skill books in library

by RaichiSims

Original Post

Re: No skill books in library

Champion

@SheriGR@RaichiSims@kreatora, and @BlackjackWidow, I have downloaded, placed, and tested @SheriGR's Conservatory Library.  So far so good on my end! Standard smile I had my Sim enter and found the skill books scattered on the floor, and the librarian started to replace them on the shelves.  I directed my Sim to help her and then when they were finished the books (so far at least) remained on the shelves! :eahigh_file:  I then had my Sim water the plants because how could I not do so?!? Nerd  I have yet to send my Sim back to the library to double check, but it looks like placing the skill books on the floor is a good way to circumvent them from disappearing on the shelves when loading a lot with a bookcase! Angel

It is a really beautiful and peaceful library! Heart Even the illustrious legendary star StarJudith WardStar seemed to like it! Large smile

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 11 of 13 (582 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

Thank you for testing the library, @PugLove888 ...and for your very kind words of encouragement! I'm thinking of making a version this weekend with a bit more landscaping (on a 30x40 lot or something), but I figured a version that fits a 20x30 lot is most useful to most people. Besides, that way I'm also sure they can still place the building only on a 20x30. Not sure how much the 'yard' area will matter to folks for a library, though.

In one experiment I added a bout 5 copies of all skills books. When I went through having the sims add all of those books to the shelves the whole floor was covered with them upstairs and half of the downstairs floor, and I completely exhausted 2 large households having them shelve them all only to find out that once the lot was uploaded to the gallery then re-downloaded all of the shelved skills books were gone.

So... I went with less books to have to shelve (current version has 1 copy of all skills books and 2 copies of all gardening, flower-arranging, & herbalist books). It would work to add the 5 copies of each (to leave them on the floor to be shelved), but some folks may not be aware of why they were on the floor and may be unhappy with the process (if they didn't read my note). 

It's funny that you mention 'Judith Ward' visiting, though. I moved her in with my household in my 'Movie Star Mansion' thinking it may help them boost their fame, but she has the 'mean' trait (you know how I hate that one!), so I worked with her 'whims' until I got enough points for the 're-traiting potion' for her and changed mean to 'self-adsorbed'. Lol! (I had a butler, a child, and a Yorkie in the household and I didn't want them to suffer at the hands of living with a 'mean' sim.) Standard smile 

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 12 of 13 (567 Views)

★★ Novice

I noticed this problem with the University EP's campus libraries, the EA made ones that come with the pack. The only books in the shelves are the usual starter books available at home, even though my Sim has even bought some to her home shelf. No skill books, nothing.

Message 13 of 13 (316 Views)