Re: No skill books for cross-stitching?

by AppleBlossom3

Original Post

Accepted Solution

No skill books for cross-stitching?

★ Guide

I have a sim trying to complete a cross-stitching hoop for an errand.  He's been at it FOREVER because he keeps pricking his finger and then is too uncomfortable to continue.  I thought if I could get him to level 2 of cross-stitching by reading he won't * his finger as much and finally be able to finish.  But when I went to purchase skill books I didn't see any for cross-stitching.  Is this just my game or were they not included?  Knitting has skill books, why not cross-stitching?

Message 1 of 7 (506 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion (Retired)

@AppleBlossom3 

Is he using the large hoop or the small one (easy)? There are no books for this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (494 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@AppleBlossom3 

Is he using the large hoop or the small one (easy)? There are no books for this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 7 (495 Views)

★ Guide
@jpkarlsen Small one, he just started the skill and i was trying to finish the errand quick. I thought the small hoop would be faster to do. That's too bad there's no skill books...
Message 3 of 7 (489 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@AppleBlossom3 

Just to make sure. you also selected one of the simple patterns?

Message 4 of 7 (477 Views)

★ Guide
@jpkarlsen I'm not sure. It's a cow.
Message 5 of 7 (471 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

That is not one of the Simple you chose from Animals. I did a rainbow (one of the Simple) It took my sim with no prior skill between 1 and 2 sim hours to create. 

Message 6 of 7 (441 Views)

★ Guide
@jpkarlsen No wonder it's taking him so long. Also I only have time to let him try about once per sim day. I thought about something else though. I could have him sit in on a skill class if there's one for cross-stitching. I'll have to check next time I'm in game.
Message 7 of 7 (430 Views)