Re: No paparazzi showing up

by Kass1opeia

Original Post

Accepted Solution

No paparazzi showing up

★★★ Novice

Hi there! My sim is a 5 star celebrity but is yet to encounter any paparazzi. I haven’t seen a single paparazzi (not even around other celebrities) and even when I remove my mods the issue is still there. Does anyone know how to fix this? I was really excited to have the paps mess with my sim’s life. My sim’s celebrity level also doesn’t go up without any cheats even if it’s normally supposed to. Might have something to do with it? The reputation one is fine tho. 

This is my first ever forum post (made the account because I wasn’t able to find a solution anywhere on the internet) so if it’s not fully by the book I’m sorry. Standard smile

Message 1 of 10 (5,159 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

@JonaO703 

This was indeed the issue! I did find something weird tho. I will first tell you what I did:

- Move mods folder to desktop

- Remove localthumbcache.package file

- Start a new sims test game without any mods 

- Checked to see if the celebrity levels would go up purely by gameplay (they did)

- Typed in “ testingcheats true “ and clicked on my sim to cheat the rest of the levels (Left click on mouse + shift and then clicking on sim, go to Image and cheat the levels up)

- Checked for paparazzi by going to the lounge (They showed up)

- Restarted the game but with mods installed (Paps still showed up)

The last part was weird to me. I think if the paparazzi have spawned in your game without mods and you then add mods they will still be there, but only if there weren’t any mods to begin with.

I then did this:

- Started a 2nd sims test game WITH mods

- Checked for paparazzi (there were none)

- Removed one of my mods files (I have one with normal mods and one with mods I need to keep like MC Command Center and UI Cheats. I removed the keep one)

- Restarted the game and checked for paps (they were there!)

- Put the Keep folder back into the mods folder and removed MCCC from it.

- Started a 3rd test game

- Checked for paparazzi (they were there again!)

MCCC was the issue in my case. I deleted it and redownloaded it but... still no paparazzi. I will contact the creator to let them know about this.

I also made sure to switch lots/lounges each times to make sure there wasn’t any issue with the lots. 

View in thread

Message 6 of 10 (5,075 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion

@zwemmendemelk Hello!  I'm sorry you're having this trouble in your game. I only recently got the Get Famous pack myself and I've been a bit obsessed with it. lol  I have not had the issue you're describing.  One or two paparazzi will show up at my celebrity sim's home and other lots.  More will show up at the Del Sol Valley lots, especially the lounges.

Even though you said you tried without mods, I'm thinking mods are still the issue.  Please move the mods out (maybe to your desktop), then go to your Documents / Electronic Arts  The Sims 4 folder and delete the localthumbcache.package file.  This file can carry certain effects from incompatible mods even when they're removed.  Here's what the file looks like in my folder.

DeleteThisCacheFile.png

After you delete that file and with mods moved out, open your game and see if the problem is still there.  If those nosey paparazzi show up without mods, then you should test them to see which one(s) are causing the problem.  Please come back and give an update either way. Standard smile

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 2 of 10 (5,132 Views)

Hero

@zwemmendemelk 

How did your celebrity get to 5 stars?  Did you use a game cheat or mod to cheat them to that level?  From what you have said about the celebrity level not going up, it leads me to believe that you might have.

So, if that is the case, you might want to try starting all over and let them gain their stars via the game rather than cheats.  The paparazzi shows up when they get to 3 stars if memory serves me correctly, but I might be wrong on that.  To get them to gain stars, they have to do things that gain them fame.  There are lots of ways to do that.  Writing books, paintings, rocket ship missions, social media, acting gigs, etc.  All the option to gain fame are marked with "+ fame" when you click on them.  The acting career is a really good way to gain celebrity stars too.

But as @JonaO703 said, it could be mods and you should test without your mods in to see if it still happens.  Or you could create a new "The Sims 4" folder by moving your current one to your desktop and restarting the game.  A new one will be created and you can test that way too.

Hope this helps.

Message 3 of 10 (5,118 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@zwemmendemelk In addition to the remark of @JonaO703 and @CGrant56  You could try to create a social event. Best to go for the meet and greet. This is also an event you should have done in order to get to a 4 star celebrity. At this event your Sims will meet one or more paparazzi's. The specific paparazzi Sims you will encounter depends on the EP's you have. 

When you don't see any paparazzi there, I recommend you start afresh as @CGrant56 suggested.

Have fun playing. 😉

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 4 of 10 (5,100 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I needed to use cheats because I did try to gain fame by gameplay but the celebrity levels don’t go up on their own, even when they should.

At first I used a mod cheat and then I realized still no paparazzi. I then used the cheat that’s in the game itself and still have the same issue. I think I’m going to try to remove the mods folder again. Thank you tho! Mainly writing this reply for if other people have the same issue. 

[Posts merged by CM]

Hi! I did do the event but there was indeed no paparazzi. I’m thinking mods are the cause here Standard smile

Message 5 of 10 (5,093 Views)

★★★ Novice

@JonaO703 

This was indeed the issue! I did find something weird tho. I will first tell you what I did:

- Move mods folder to desktop

- Remove localthumbcache.package file

- Start a new sims test game without any mods 

- Checked to see if the celebrity levels would go up purely by gameplay (they did)

- Typed in “ testingcheats true “ and clicked on my sim to cheat the rest of the levels (Left click on mouse + shift and then clicking on sim, go to Image and cheat the levels up)

- Checked for paparazzi by going to the lounge (They showed up)

- Restarted the game but with mods installed (Paps still showed up)

The last part was weird to me. I think if the paparazzi have spawned in your game without mods and you then add mods they will still be there, but only if there weren’t any mods to begin with.

I then did this:

- Started a 2nd sims test game WITH mods

- Checked for paparazzi (there were none)

- Removed one of my mods files (I have one with normal mods and one with mods I need to keep like MC Command Center and UI Cheats. I removed the keep one)

- Restarted the game and checked for paps (they were there!)

- Put the Keep folder back into the mods folder and removed MCCC from it.

- Started a 3rd test game

- Checked for paparazzi (they were there again!)

MCCC was the issue in my case. I deleted it and redownloaded it but... still no paparazzi. I will contact the creator to let them know about this.

I also made sure to switch lots/lounges each times to make sure there wasn’t any issue with the lots. 

Message 6 of 10 (5,076 Views)

Hero

@zwemmendemelk 

I find it odd that MCCC would be causing this by default.  I use it and have never had any problems with the paparazzi.  It might also not be due to that mod alone.  It might be happening because another mod is interacting with it or overriding it.  There are some that will do it.  A lot of the time, it depends on the order that mods load.  And a third thing may be that at some time in the past you changed an option somewhere in it that turned the generation of the paparazzi off.  Off the top of my head, I can't think of one that would do that though but it is easy enough to check by moving the "mc_settings.cfg" file to your desktop and running the game without that file.  A new one will get created with the default settings but you will have to reset everything else which can be a time consuming process.

Hope this helps.

Message 7 of 10 (5,038 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This was my issue too! For days I’ve been moving mods around trying to see which one is causing the paparazzi to not show and it turns out to be MCCC. I don’t understand either. I tried playing the game with no mods at all and they show up, then I tried playing with just MCCC and they won’t show. But adding back my 300+ mods/cc without MCCC and they show up again. I’m going to try to reach out on discord and see if someone thought of a solution

Message 8 of 10 (4,896 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This happened to me and my mom we thought it could be one mod we took it out to see but the paparazzi still not there so I’m think it could be from a update we had with the sims

Message 9 of 10 (4,822 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@zwemmendemelk Thank you so much, I had the same problem and without MCCC they finally showed up! Standard smile
Message 10 of 10 (3,870 Views)