Re: No option to hire a service

by unicorns176

Original Post

Accepted Solution

No option to hire a service

★★★★ Novice

I was playing the sims and my maid didn't show up. So I cancelled the service. It took a few attempts, but eventually it worked and I could cancel it. then, I tried to hire a service again, but the option to hire a service on my sims phone was gone. so I went to another sims phone but the whole house icon was gone, not just the service, but everything in the house icon of the phone. I have downloaded a few mods but I don't want to delete all of them, just the broken one if there is one. This is for the sims 4. Also, when I try to get my sim a gig, they go to the audition put there is no option to go to the actual gig when it is time. they just skip it. i tried reloading the game.

Message 1 of 6 (5,763 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

@unicorns176  On the issue with the actor's gigs.  That is a known problem and there is a bug report on it here:  https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-GF-Acting-Career-Sim-not-getting-gig-pop-up/td-p/89... 

The workaround is to not travel between the time you get the gig and actual gig.  So you just have to stay home.  Do not travel or follow a sim to work until your actor goes to the gig.

On mods, you are going to have to do some troubleshooting and try to find the one that is causing the problem.  There are a couple of ways to go about it is to pull them all out and put the back one by one, exiting and restarting the game with every mod you add, until you find the one that is causing the problem, if there is one.

In your case, I would look for any mod that affects the phone first since that seems to be what is getting messed up.  But it could be any mod you have so just because you think you don't have one that affects the phone, you never know.  

If you have any cc (custom content) objects, those can do it too.  I know of some phone replacements that could cause issues since they are older and haven't been updated.  So you might look at your cc too if you do not find the cause is from a mod.

Hope this helps

View in thread

Message 3 of 6 (5,708 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

is there a way i could find the broken mod if there is one and just delete that rather than all mine? or is there a way to put my mods in a separate place so they won't have an impact but I wont lose them either? Thanks!

Message 2 of 6 (5,758 Views)

Hero

@unicorns176  On the issue with the actor's gigs.  That is a known problem and there is a bug report on it here:  https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-GF-Acting-Career-Sim-not-getting-gig-pop-up/td-p/89... 

The workaround is to not travel between the time you get the gig and actual gig.  So you just have to stay home.  Do not travel or follow a sim to work until your actor goes to the gig.

On mods, you are going to have to do some troubleshooting and try to find the one that is causing the problem.  There are a couple of ways to go about it is to pull them all out and put the back one by one, exiting and restarting the game with every mod you add, until you find the one that is causing the problem, if there is one.

In your case, I would look for any mod that affects the phone first since that seems to be what is getting messed up.  But it could be any mod you have so just because you think you don't have one that affects the phone, you never know.  

If you have any cc (custom content) objects, those can do it too.  I know of some phone replacements that could cause issues since they are older and haven't been updated.  So you might look at your cc too if you do not find the cause is from a mod.

Hope this helps

Message 3 of 6 (5,709 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice
@unicorns176 for anyone who is looking thru this thread with the same problem, staying home did let me go to the gigs, it wasn't a mod. And, for the hire a service, just wait for an object to break so you can hire the repair service and the option to hire a service will come back.
Message 4 of 6 (5,661 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@CGrant56 i've been doing the staying at home for actors gig a while. but I wanna leave the house. is there a way I can leave the house without losing my gig? thanks!
Message 5 of 6 (5,612 Views)

Hero

@unicorns176  Right now, there is not much you can do but travel between the time you complete the gig and signing up for the next one.  

But there is a patch coming tomorrow (2 June) so hopefully it will have a fix for this bug.  Keep your fingers crossed!

Message 6 of 6 (5,575 Views)