Re: HSY Teen Sim Graduated Early, Got Diploma, but Can't Join Adult Careers

by RickxAbsinthe43

Original Post

Accepted Solution

No adult careers available when dropping out of high school.

★ Novice

No adult careers available when dropping out of highschool. No mods or cc installed. 

Message 1 of 15 (3,861 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Hero

@RickxAbsinthe43 That's not a bug. Teens can only go to Uni, they can't join adult careers

I merged your post with the existing thread on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 7 of 15 (3,590 Views)

All Replies

Re: No adult careers available when dropping out of high school.

Hero
@Maadchiick Did you read somewhere that they should be ? Teens can't take adult jobs even when dropping out afaik

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 15 (3,820 Views)

★ Novice

@crinrict maybe it was my mistake thinking they would be available if you dropped out of highschool -.- 

Message 3 of 15 (3,787 Views)

★★★ Guide

Yeah,  I made my teen werewolf immortal because, for whatever reason, I too assumed that if you graduated early that the adult careers would open up. I then thought that if I graduated university, I'd get the adult careers. but then it turned out there were certain things I couldn't even do at University because I was a teen... I decided to eat a moonpetal so I could reset their perks and age them up because it was too much of a hassle. 

Message 4 of 15 (3,759 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Maadchiick Won't be any available. Actually when your teen ages up to a YA they don't have any of the professional careers available to them since they dropped out of high school. So basically parttime jobs, freelancing and a few regular careers will be available to them and that's it.
Message 5 of 15 (3,737 Views)

HSY Teen Sim Graduated Early, Got Diploma, but Can't Join Adult Careers

★ Guide

I am unable to find where to fill out the bug report, but it's just what it says. Sim can attend University but can't join an adult career.

Message 6 of 15 (3,637 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@RickxAbsinthe43 That's not a bug. Teens can only go to Uni, they can't join adult careers

I merged your post with the existing thread on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 15 (3,591 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@crinrictThat's unfortunate! I did read somewhere that they should be able to if they got their high school diploma. Well, I think my Sim will graduate university before full-time careers would even become an issue anyway.

Message 8 of 15 (3,569 Views)

Hero
@RickxAbsinthe43 If you have a source where EA says the opposite, please link. :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 15 (3,565 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict I assumed the source I got it from got it from EA. I don't have a source, I was just confused because it was a game guide website. It's no big deal, it just would've been a nice feature.
Message 10 of 15 (3,563 Views)