No access to Free Birthday Hot Tub

by smolAstroKnight

Original Post

Accepted Solution

No access to Free Birthday Hot Tub

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

On my PS4 events it mentions The Sims 4 having a Birthday to celebrate 20 years.

To celebrate the event mentioned the following;

"Get in on the festivities with a special free in-game item for everyone"

It mentioned how to get it as well; "log into the Sims4 to take advantage of the in-game purchase"

However when doing so it says it costs £3,000.

Is anyone else having this problem, why am I unable to have it?

[EDIT: The reason that it is not available may be due to the fact that it's misleading advertising, the 'free hot tub' was meant to be for those who don't own the patio pack and can access a hot tub in game 'for free'.

However it probably means that the hottub is now available in-game without any purchase out-game (purchasing the patio pack) however in-game it still costs £3,000] 

As a result of poorly worded event advertising a lot of us have been mislead, hopefully we can still get it once our Sims get a little richer

Message 1 of 12 (1,265 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: No access to Free Birthday Hot Tub

Hero (Retired)

@smolAstroKnight @deadmanet  The price listed is for the Sims 4 game itself. You do not need to purchase anything for the hot tub, just make sure your base game is updated. You can find the hot tub in the build/buy mode catalogue under bathtubs.

View in thread

Message 4 of 12 (1,224 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Newbie

Same here.   And I can't find anything online that says if it's supposed to be one way or the other. (Free vs. just able to be purchased now)

Message 2 of 12 (1,240 Views)

@smolAstroKnight and @deadmanet  I've moved this thread to the general discussion section.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 12 (1,233 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@smolAstroKnight @deadmanet  The price listed is for the Sims 4 game itself. You do not need to purchase anything for the hot tub, just make sure your base game is updated. You can find the hot tub in the build/buy mode catalogue under bathtubs.

Message 4 of 12 (1,225 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@smolAstroKnight I think it just means that if you don't have the patio pack then the tub just becomes available for free access. It sucks because I also have it for $3000 not $0. I don't have any packs so it just appeared under the available things to buy. It was very misleading ...
Message 5 of 12 (1,125 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@deadmanet Sadly, I believe they were just very misleading in their advertisement. I think it's just made available for free to everyone who doesn't already have it/the patio pack...
Message 6 of 12 (1,121 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I don't have the patio pack, so I shouldn't even have access to it at all.....so, it looks like they just allowed all to be able to purchase it.  Oh well, not that big of a deal, but the advertisement was very misleading like you said.  (And my game is up to date btw)

Message 7 of 12 (1,109 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@deadmanet @haily014 

They made it free for everyone meaning that you don't have to pay $ in real money for it, In the game however you need to pay some simoleons to place it.

Whether or not you own the Perfect Patio Stuff is irrelevant in that regard.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 8 of 12 (1,096 Views)

★★ Apprentice

You don't have to go and download the hot tub from anywhere or pay anything. Just update your game and it's already in there. The way they worded it was weird. You don't need to log in on any specific day or do anything special to get it. Just run the update and it'll be in buy mode. You can find it in the outdoor activities section. 

Message 9 of 12 (1,010 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Is there something wrong with my ps4 then? Because ive updated my game and I still cannot get the free hot tub...

Message 10 of 12 (981 Views)