Re: No University-tab/eSport-game on computer

by Starteller

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

For me the mod causing this issue turned out to be the Criminal Work From Home mod by Noelle Bellefleur, so if you have that try removing it and see if it works? 

Message 11 of 18 (1,080 Views)

Champion

@Santaraaaaa, if @107531kop does not reply to tell you which Mods caused her problem, you can do the steps I listed above in the post with the green check mark next to it, in order to figure out which Mods or CC is causing the problem. Angel Those are steps you should always take when you have a problem with your game, especially after a game update, as now some Mods and CC could be outdated.  Raised eyebrow  Using Mods and CC requires some maintenance on your part.  (I'm too lazy to do this, so I never use Mods or CC! Large smile

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 12 of 18 (1,050 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Santaraaaaa I removed the complete mod/cc fan stuff pack of Windenburg University by redhotchilisimblr (it came with all sorts of gameplay options that are now rendered useless by Discover University). I also removed the "claim computer" part of the Personal Objects mod & the complete More Buyable Venues mod both by LittleMsSam. I also removed the Go to School mod by Zerbu and the Get to College mod by simmythesim. After that it fixed the entire issue.
Message 13 of 18 (1,035 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I don't have any of the other mods you referred to but I did remove the Personal Objects "computers & tablets" by LittleMsSam like you said you did so I'm hoping this works for me as well!  Thank you for listing what you removed, that helps me so much!

Message 14 of 18 (1,001 Views)

★★★ Novice

HI! I'm having a similar issue! Which mods did you get rid of, if you don't mind me asking? Thanks!

Message 15 of 18 (869 Views)

Champion

@bellamyblue05, even if you found which Mods were causing their problem, we just had a new patch to the game, so there is a chance that another Mod could now also cause this problem. Raised eyebrow   It is best to test for all Mods and CC.  Also, sometimes bits of corrupted data can remain Disappointed, so it is best to delete the localthumbcachepackage.file and do a repair. Therefore, please do all of the following to see if and which Mods/CC are causing the problem:

1) Move the Mods Folder to your desktop

2) Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder.

3) Fix you game in Origin by logging in and go to Library, then right-click on The Sims 4 and choose the "Repair Game" option from the list.  Wait until Origin finishes repairing all your packs and not just the base game.

4) Now, when you turn on your game again, it will create a new mods folder that will be empty.  Check to see if your game is now working without mods/CC.

5) Now you can try adding back items from your Mods folder one at a time checking your game each time to see which item is causing your game to not work properly.  If you have a lot of items, you can try the 50/50 Method. 

The CC creators will usually update the CC items and Mods after these updates, so when you find out which one is the culprit, you can get the updated version from whoever made that item of CC in the first place.  You should try these steps anytime you have problems in your game to rule out CC/Mods problems.  It is the responsibility of the Mods/CC creators to update their items anytime EA releases a patch/update, and it is the responsibility of the people who use Mods/CC to make sure they are using the most recent version. 

These are the same steps given in the solution to this topic on the first page; I just reposted them here for your convenience. Wink

Please update us on if this works for you or not. Angel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 16 of 18 (861 Views)

★★ Novice

Did you found out?

Message 17 of 18 (794 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hi, I've never played this game, but I got interested. How can you get a character to write an essay? Or should you do it for him? Or maybe there is some base with various essays in this game and then he can write it himself. That's interesting. As for me, I couldn't write an essay.. I had very bad essay grades when I was at uni. But then I found an online service where I ordered the essays and my grades improved. That's how I graduated from uni. And my friends who had writing skills were even able to get one of the online writing jobs on this service. While I worked as a waiter in the evenings. I probably won't be able to play this game, but I'll try.

Message 18 of 18 (656 Views)