Re: No Bartenders, Vendors or Baristas on community lots

by maydussa

Original Post

No Bartenders, Vendors or Baristas on community lots

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco life, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Island Life, University, Get Together, Get To work. Parenthood, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Dine out, Tiny Living, Laundry Day, Bowling Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place an espresso bar/ machine, Food stall (CL), Catering station (DU) or bar on a community lot
What happens when the bug occurs? When the item is placed on a lot besides the obvious ones where they belong no NPC is generated to operate them. Eg. The espresso machine spawns an npc worker on the Cafe lot but not if placed on any other lot type. Same for bars outside of nightclubs and lounges etc.
What do you expect to see? NPCs are spawned to work the different machines on ALL community lots. Eg If an espresso bar is on a library lot an NPC would be spawned to work there. Also an option to have dual lot types or lot traits to have them spawn.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I don't know if this is a glitch or how the game was intentionally made but it really limits the possibilities of building community lots. It's perfectly reasonable to have an espresso station at a library or a food stall at a park. It was possible in Sims games of the past where just having an object on a community lot would spawn the npc. I know there is the option to hire the vendor, bartender etc, however when i do this the time they stay is limited and most of the time only my active sim uses them, the other sims don't seem to acknowledge that they are there. 

Message 1 of 3 (8,557 Views)

★ Apprentice

As far as i know barista will only spawn on cafe lot while bar will spawn bartender on restaurant, bar, lounge & nightclub if you place any of these in other type lots you have to click on the espresso machine/bar & hire a bartender or barista with your own simoleons

With food stalls they never automatically spawn workers if you place them in a lots, even if it is community lots like restaurant, cafe or bar, the only time the game will automatically spawn workers is if they are the ones find randomly spawn in different parts of the neighborhood (outside of a lot) so if you put them in a specific lot they don't work unless you click on the stall & hire a worker individually which will cost you a few simoleons but as far as i know this is how it's been ever since playing the sims 4

The same can be said for the chef station that can only work automatically in restaurant & cafeteria from university only works on dorms & student commons type lots. You can put chef station in other community lots but again you have to hire chef to have a chef actually spawn & it will cost you a few simoleons. i haven't played around much with the university cafeteria in other community lots so i can't give you much details other than tell you from learning from all these type of stall they usually only works automatically on their specific designated lots that they have been coded to automatically spawn workers when placed on that designated lot.

I think this automatic coded design for stalls/bar/espresso machine/chef station/cafeteria is what makes that specific lot spawn other sims that would act like how they suppose to, such as seeing sims eating in restaurant, or people getting coffee in cafes & so forth because it was coded into that lot to work that way now if you place those in other lot types because it isn't coded to that lot type the stall/bar espresso machine/chef station/cafeteria will not work because it isn't coded to that lot.

This is just from what i learned from in game experience & my own opinion from what i've seen in game so i could be wrong but hopefully that helped you clear some things outStandard smile

Message 2 of 3 (8,549 Views)

★ Guide

I click to hire them and they never show up.

Message 3 of 3 (7,274 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help