Night Owl, Genius Traits Trait Names

by willprot

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Night Owl, Genius Traits Trait Names

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Does anyone happen to know the actual Trait Names for Night Owl and Genius?

I'd like to remove the Night Owl Trait but it seems to have a different name as with a few others such as Morning Sim (which you must actually use traits.remove_trait MorningPerson).

I've look all over and these seem to be the only two I can't find the way to remove them with remove trait, and Many, Many sites just list the names without spaces but that does not work on PS4 so I can only assume it's internal name is something else.

Genius can be removed by portion so that's not too big a deal, but I can't get rid of Night Owl for anything.

Message 1 of 9 (4,137 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Night Owl, Genius Traits Trait Names

Hero

Hi @willprot 

seems these traits have other traits that use the same string so you need to use the whole string and not just partial for them to work

In case of night owl, this would be: traits.remove_trait trait_NightOwl

(credits to TwistedMexi: https://twitter.com/TwistedMexi/status/1093902641606938629)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 5 of 9 (4,044 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @willprot 

I checked on PC with a mod that's I believe is giving me the internal names and NightOwl and Genius seem to be the correct ones. It would be kinda weird if it was different on 

Are these the only ones that aren't working for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (4,120 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

After checking quite a few of them the only other one that didn't work as listed is Independent.

So on PS4 Genius, Independent, and NightOwl aren't working to equip or remove.

Message 3 of 9 (4,095 Views)

Hero
Did some testing on PC and I can confirm that NightOwl doesn't seem to work there either.

Trying to get some info.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (4,085 Views)

Hero

Hi @willprot 

seems these traits have other traits that use the same string so you need to use the whole string and not just partial for them to work

In case of night owl, this would be: traits.remove_trait trait_NightOwl

(credits to TwistedMexi: https://twitter.com/TwistedMexi/status/1093902641606938629)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 9 (4,045 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Yep prefixing with trait_ solves it, there are a few others like Creative that need the prefix as well.

One last thing on the same subject, I also tried "traits.clear_traits" to remove them all as a quick fix, that didn't seem to work either.

Any info if that has a correct version as well?

Message 6 of 9 (4,032 Views)

Hero
Is that supposed to remove all traits ? Where you have this cheat from ?

I find TwistedMexi is the best source for traits and I can't find that cheat there: https://www.reddit.com/r/sims4Cheats/wiki/index

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (4,021 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Interesting, I see that cheat listed all over the place with a quick search on Google for traits.clear_traits sims 4, the most pertinent being forums.thesims.com in a thread that says it actually works, here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_Us/discussion/900926/issues-removing-personal-traits

Regardless, the above worked great so thanks, and thanks for the TwistedMexi resource, I'll check it out.

Message 8 of 9 (4,011 Views)

Hero
I'm actually unsure what the status on Console is but on PC/Mac, some of the cheats were disabled. Maybe it used to be a thing and now it's not ?

No idea really.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (3,997 Views)