by Mishka487

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Nifty Knitting problem.

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but tiny living and Moschino stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know.
What happens when the bug occurs? I'm at level 10 yet most of the knittable objects state they are locked, yet I can knit them. And when I put it in the wardrobe its locked and I can't put it on so I am unable to show it off.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see all locked items unlocked and to be able to wear the item once I put it in the wardrobe.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Anyone else having problems with Nifty Knitting locked items? I'm at level 10 yet most of the knittable objects state they are locked, yet I can knit them. And when I put it in the wardrobe its locked and I can't put it on so I am unable to show it off.

Message 1 of 18 (12,029 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Nifty Knitting problem.

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Hmm... and no mods?  I had something like this going on, but I traced it to an outdated mod- UI Cheats Extension.

Only other thing I can think of, unless you're having a bug no one else has reported yet-- Are you maybe, possibly, looking at the wrong sweater in CAS?  There are a few different styles.  For females, one is a full-body item, then there's 2 different tops- with and without a scarf.  So if what you made is the "With Dress" sweater, and you're in CAS looking in tops, you might well be looking at the "With Scarf" top, which looks pretty similar in a small greyed out picture.

View in thread

Message 7 of 18 (11,878 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Guide
@Mishka487 Lock tells you if clothing item is available is CAS and not if you can knit them.
Message 2 of 18 (11,982 Views)

Hero
@Mishka487 To be sure: You knitted the objects and then they were still locked in CAS ?

That what you mean ?

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 18 (11,948 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Also, you have to make each and every color before you can wear those colors.  So if you made a pink sweater and added it to your wardrobe, you can now wear the pink one-- but not any other color, not until you make one of each of those other colors.

Message 4 of 18 (11,901 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi thanks for replying. My sim is a level 10 knitter. I knitted a sweater and added it to my wardrobe but when I go the dresser and try to wear it it's locked and it says that you have to be at level nine. One of my objectives is to show it off but I can't do that because I can't put it on.

Message 5 of 18 (11,890 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi, thanks for responding. That did help me understand why when I went to knit something it still had the lock pictured on it but I was able to knit it, so thanks for clearing that up. The bigger problem that I'm having is that one of my objectives is to show the seater off that I knitted but when I went to the dresser and tried to put it on I was locked out and it said that I had to be a level nine knitter to access it but my sim is a level 10.  Disappointed

Message 6 of 18 (11,882 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Hmm... and no mods?  I had something like this going on, but I traced it to an outdated mod- UI Cheats Extension.

Only other thing I can think of, unless you're having a bug no one else has reported yet-- Are you maybe, possibly, looking at the wrong sweater in CAS?  There are a few different styles.  For females, one is a full-body item, then there's 2 different tops- with and without a scarf.  So if what you made is the "With Dress" sweater, and you're in CAS looking in tops, you might well be looking at the "With Scarf" top, which looks pretty similar in a small greyed out picture.

Message 7 of 18 (11,879 Views)

★★★ Novice

Never thought about the color thing. With your help I was able to figure it out. It was my bad. I was trying to access it under sweater when I needed to be accessing under dress as it described it "sweater with dress" in the knitting options. It was there and it was unlocked but only in the color I knitted. But problem solved with everyone's help. Thanks so much. Hopefully now I can achieve the Sacred knitting knowledge reward trait. Thanks.

Message 8 of 18 (11,838 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Same thing I keep knitting them sweaters but never find them in CAS. 

Message 9 of 18 (7,029 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Mishka487 thank you this saved me. I also was looking under the tops category and was soooo confused why I couldn't find it.
Message 10 of 18 (5,876 Views)
Twitter Stream