by dreakay16

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Nifty Knitting problem.

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but tiny living and Moschino stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know.
What happens when the bug occurs? I'm at level 10 yet most of the knittable objects state they are locked, yet I can knit them. And when I put it in the wardrobe its locked and I can't put it on so I am unable to show it off.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see all locked items unlocked and to be able to wear the item once I put it in the wardrobe.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Anyone else having problems with Nifty Knitting locked items? I'm at level 10 yet most of the knittable objects state they are locked, yet I can knit them. And when I put it in the wardrobe its locked and I can't put it on so I am unable to show it off.

Message 1 of 20 (24,250 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Nifty Knitting problem.

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hmm... and no mods?  I had something like this going on, but I traced it to an outdated mod- UI Cheats Extension.

Only other thing I can think of, unless you're having a bug no one else has reported yet-- Are you maybe, possibly, looking at the wrong sweater in CAS?  There are a few different styles.  For females, one is a full-body item, then there's 2 different tops- with and without a scarf.  So if what you made is the "With Dress" sweater, and you're in CAS looking in tops, you might well be looking at the "With Scarf" top, which looks pretty similar in a small greyed out picture.

View in thread

Message 7 of 20 (24,091 Views)

All Replies

★ Pro
@Mishka487 Lock tells you if clothing item is available is CAS and not if you can knit them.
Message 2 of 20 (24,195 Views)

Hero
@Mishka487 To be sure: You knitted the objects and then they were still locked in CAS ?

That what you mean ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 20 (24,161 Views)

★ Guide

Also, you have to make each and every color before you can wear those colors.  So if you made a pink sweater and added it to your wardrobe, you can now wear the pink one-- but not any other color, not until you make one of each of those other colors.

Message 4 of 20 (24,114 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi thanks for replying. My sim is a level 10 knitter. I knitted a sweater and added it to my wardrobe but when I go the dresser and try to wear it it's locked and it says that you have to be at level nine. One of my objectives is to show it off but I can't do that because I can't put it on.

Message 5 of 20 (24,103 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi, thanks for responding. That did help me understand why when I went to knit something it still had the lock pictured on it but I was able to knit it, so thanks for clearing that up. The bigger problem that I'm having is that one of my objectives is to show the seater off that I knitted but when I went to the dresser and tried to put it on I was locked out and it said that I had to be a level nine knitter to access it but my sim is a level 10.  Disappointed

Message 6 of 20 (24,095 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hmm... and no mods?  I had something like this going on, but I traced it to an outdated mod- UI Cheats Extension.

Only other thing I can think of, unless you're having a bug no one else has reported yet-- Are you maybe, possibly, looking at the wrong sweater in CAS?  There are a few different styles.  For females, one is a full-body item, then there's 2 different tops- with and without a scarf.  So if what you made is the "With Dress" sweater, and you're in CAS looking in tops, you might well be looking at the "With Scarf" top, which looks pretty similar in a small greyed out picture.

Message 7 of 20 (24,092 Views)

★★★ Novice

Never thought about the color thing. With your help I was able to figure it out. It was my bad. I was trying to access it under sweater when I needed to be accessing under dress as it described it "sweater with dress" in the knitting options. It was there and it was unlocked but only in the color I knitted. But problem solved with everyone's help. Thanks so much. Hopefully now I can achieve the Sacred knitting knowledge reward trait. Thanks.

Message 8 of 20 (24,051 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Same thing I keep knitting them sweaters but never find them in CAS. 

Message 9 of 20 (19,242 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Mishka487 thank you this saved me. I also was looking under the tops category and was soooo confused why I couldn't find it.
Message 10 of 20 (18,089 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help