New to Sims 4 All Cheats not working

by emilyshake

Original Post

New to Sims 4 All Cheats not working

★★★ Newbie

Hello! I'm new to Sims 4, used to play original Sims so it's been a while.  I am using a Mac and pressing control+shift then "C" and the box pops up.  When I type in motherlode or rosebud it always says "Unable to execute command."

As far as I know I have no mods and I do not believe I'm in build mode (see I don't know what I'm doing). I have selected a household that I would like to place in a home I made but obviously is too expensive.  Please help! I'm too old now!

Message 1 of 4 (302 Views)

Re: New to Sims 4 All Cheats not working

@emilyshake

Moved your post to GD & Feedback, hopefully someone here will be able to help Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 4 (251 Views)

★★★★ Guide

you have to be actively playing that household to use those cheats (they won't work on the map screen) move your family into a home they can afford, then use the cheats once you're playing them. Once you have enough money you can either evict them from the map screen and put them in the expensive house, or use the phone to move in live mode.

Message 3 of 4 (246 Views)

Hero

@emilyshake 

If a household does not have enough funds to move into a lot, there is a cheat to make the lot free.

At the map screen, open the cheat window and enter this cheat:  freerealestate on.  You can tell it works by seeing if the yellow boxes around the lots turn green.

Message 4 of 4 (207 Views)