Re: New skate. Ideas.

by EA_Cade

Original Post

New skate. Ideas.

★★ Novice

1. Online Competitions in open world and separated game mode.
There should be online competitions that you can find going on exploring the city aswell as a separated gamemode that is strictly competitive and would act as a ranked mode. This ranked mode can be played with teammates also. For example, team jam sessions in skate 3. Whoever wins that tournament/competition gets more points (name for points is tbd) when gathered enough points you rank up. Final rank in ranked should be something along the lines of getting sponsored. 

2. Interactivity with the devs and the players
Add weekly online fan competitions using the video editor mode, such as a photo shoot. For example, thrasher mag photos. Fans decide/vote on the best looking photoshoot and that player receives in-game items that cannot be gained through normally playing. This gives some rarity to items that could also maybe get traded if implemented. It'd be cool to come across someone that has a board that is won from a fan voted competition which could be pretty hard to win due to the amount of people participating.

3. No battlepass
The battlepass system could be considered lazy and a boring way to unlock stuff. Since it's been confirmed that it's a live service f2p game, it'd be boring to go with the same methods of unlocking as any other f2p game, such as Apex Legends, Fortnite, Halo Infinite. My main point being that it's been done so many times now and it'd be nice to have a change in it especially in a skate game. There are many ways to unlocking things such as my last 2 ideas.

4. Give us as much immersion as possible

This being highly anticipated by many skaters and people maybe getting into skating, give those people a reason to wanna go skate, while also rewarding the skaters with a very immersive skate game that they've been waiting over 12 years for. Make gamemodes, games of skate, tournaments, street contests, etc all within fun city. They shouldn't be going through multiple load screens just for a game of skate. It'd be sick just to pull up to a spot and then start of the contest.

Please give more ideas down below. All I want for this game is to be good. The live service decision seems sketchy but if done right it can be extremely good so to hopefully prevent the opposite I wanted to give some ideas. I feel like some games go live service end up adding the wrong kind of content or just not enough, and unlocking stuff in those kinda games can end up very lazy hence the no battlepass. I truly think a battlepass would be a very bad idea since there are so many other ways to add unlocking more content in a skate game.

Message 1 of 5 (2,426 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@AbusedRat every one of these needs to be added
Message 2 of 5 (2,361 Views)

★★★ Newbie

heavy on the #3

Message 3 of 5 (2,325 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for starting this thread up @AbusedRat!

I've moved this over to the boards for skate. so it's in the right spot for any additional feedback. Thumbs up 

Mako.png
Message 4 of 5 (2,317 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @AbusedRat,

You've got some great stuff in here. Feel free to check out the official Discord we set up as well Standard smile

https://discord.com/invite/skateea
EACade
Message 5 of 5 (2,305 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help