Re: New prices and tickets...

by wonderwomantbh

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@BlueWizardRob just because we have a timer does not mean it's working properly. LOL  I'll have to test it. I have been hit with major retirement bugs with the last update so it would not surprise me if I have a timer bug.

Message 21 of 45 (770 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This update that changed thousands of tickets to so few llama tokens is ridiculous. I had enough tickets to buy many home items, but I put the purchasing on hold for the sake of the daily to-do list. Now things are so much more expensive with those tokens I can't afford that many items anymore.

We complained that we have too many tickets, so the developers come up with a solution to take them away. What kind of logic is that.

Message 22 of 45 (761 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere already, but I was struck by another thing that is frustrating about this update and that's how we can no longer be guaranteed 2 fashion gems a day via the to-do-list. I know there is the possibility of getting gems at the end of the week from stickers, but this seems like another way of 1. capping how many things a person can earn through playing/how fast they can earn and 2. promoting the purchase of gems outright through the store (which I know that they cost sim cash, but sim cash is hard to get in-game so there's still the incentive to purchase more sim cash to purchase other things like the gems). 

Message 23 of 45 (712 Views)

Hero

We can get gems as party rewards. 4 gems at party level 10. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 24 of 45 (687 Views)

★ Guide

@emocco08 wrote:

I cant stop playing Standard smile i just saw someone on my friend list reached lvl 50 whaaattt ??Standard smileStandard smile 

Also there is a new heirloom for Wellness career, non for the science career. Now i found out Genius heirloom boosts both medical (doctor) and science careers. Hopefully it will help you get a kick start faster 

Assuming that we will have retroactive awards for leveling beyond 40 then reaching level 50 is plausible. However, I’ve been at 40 for quite some time and I haven’t had this happen to me. 

Also it states that expansion is not tied to level anymore but I still have one parcel left to clear and it isn’t allowing me to do so.

Either the update is bugged(which I think it is since some of what has supposedly been published isn’t happening for me) or there’s more update coming. 

I’m also pretty upset at the small amount of llama tickets that I had everything converted to. No matter the math involved, I don’t think it’s fair in the end as I also had thousands of tickets reduced to 100. 

As soon as I have sims age up I’ll start the new job quests, looking at the number of items that are possible for decoration is quite shocking compared to our previous job areas. I’d still like more items available for previous jobs, like more tables for the restaurant for one. Tongue out

Message 25 of 45 (668 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm trying 2 figure out how you're supposed to earn experience and cupcakes now. It seems there's no way of earning cupcakes now, and the only way to get experience is through that lamazoom thing. But I like playing this game passively which makes it more difficult to earn the rewards from the lamazoom thing.

idk, I used to really like this game. I didn't agree 100% with some of the changes since the initial release, but it was still fun. I can't see myself still playing this game much longer. For those who are just now downloading the game and playing it for the 1st time will probably be the one's still playing it a year from now, because it's kind of hard to miss what you never had. Anyone who downloaded it b4 now, I can't see them playing it a year 4rm now. Too much has changed and more restrictions have been put in2 place.

Message 26 of 45 (640 Views)

★ Expert

@star0kiss You get cupcakes from doing the lama truck quests and watching videos 

Message 27 of 45 (635 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

I dunno but the jury is still out for me about this update. 

I kind of miss the daily-to-do list.  I knew what I was working for & now with the llama mobile & the way the “tasks” are hidden, it’s causing anxiety about what’s coming up next, since the steps are hidden like in the loot box events. 

I’m so glad that the Waterfront is finally opened, but I thought there’d be more careers & hobbies opportunities that came with it, at least for what I’m seeing so far.

I was also hoping that there would be NEW  wardrobe, new  hairstyles, & new more colorful home items, (that are reasonably priced)  that could still be purchased with simoleans & not just Sim Cash  

It seems like they just re-grouped & renamed some of the old home collections.. I haven’t noticed any new wardrobe items either so I’m guessing they want us to spend Gems & buy from Izzy.  Too bad they didn’t fix that whole Designing for the Gender doing the Purchasing.

I’m holding out hope that this is only one Phase of this Roll-Out. 

Maybe it’s just me, but it seems it’s even harder than before to get Sim Cash, Heirlooms,, Gems & even earn more simoleans (which makes me think this is just another EA ploy to make us spend more REAL $$$ - which, honestly, I’m not planning to do at this point). 

I cleared 2 plots of land literally hours before this update, so my resources are tapped out, to even unlock either Waterfront building yet.  

I’m glad for some of the changes, but leery of others. 

Time will tell I guess.  Thumbs down   Thumbs up

Spoiler
Thumbs up

Message 28 of 45 (629 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

@star0kiss wrote:

I'm trying 2 figure out how you're supposed to earn experience and cupcakes now. It seems there's no way of earning cupcakes now, and the only way to get experience is through that lamazoom thing. But I like playing this game passively which makes it more difficult to earn the rewards from the lamazoom thing.

idk, I used to really like this game. I didn't agree 100% with some of the changes since the initial release, but it was still fun. I can't see myself still playing this game much longer. For those who are just now downloading the game and playing it for the 1st time will probably be the one's still playing it a year from now, because it's kind of hard to miss what you never had. Anyone who downloaded it b4 now, I can't see them playing it a year 4rm now. Too much has changed and more restrictions have been put in2 place. 

This is where I’m at too!  I liked playing at my own pace, but now I feel like I’m pressured by the llama-zoom thing.  Some of the tasks want your sims to do Standard timed events, so either lose 3 hours of what you wanted to do. OR  Pay to speed it up.  

There are still some things I’d like to do such as expanding my house & decorating it.  I loved the feeling of family relationships and playing with the toddlers, & date nights.  I also liked spending time picking out outfits for my sims to wear & changing up their looks, but I don’t feel the same enjoyment since I feel like I’m on a time clock now.  

Items seem to cost so much more & I feel like it’s so much harder to earn the rewards to pay for them.  

I’m going to give this transition a little more time for me to adjust to the change, but Sims Mobile is just not feeling like that much relaxing fun anymore. 

Am I the only one feeling like this?  

Message 29 of 45 (592 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

deleted

Message 30 of 45 (578 Views)