Re: New laptop To sims 4

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

New laptop To sims 4

★★★★ Novice

Hi I will buy a new laptop soon. I’m going to use it most to and game on. But want to make soured its good enough to play sims and all add-ons +mods and cc in high graphics. have looked at these two but do not know which one to go for or if any of them are good enough. Hope someone can help me. 

https://www.power.no/data-og-tilbehoer/pc/baerbar-pc/acer-nitro-5-nhq7ped00c-156-baerbar-pc/p-113020...

https://www.power.no/data-og-tilbehoer/pc/baerbar-pc/asus-fx506li-hn212t-156-baerbar-pc/p-1130705/

Message 1 of 3 (277 Views)

Accepted Solution

@sddq687  The hardware in both laptops can run all current Sims 4 packs together on ultra graphics settings.  The graphics card in the Asus may or may not be fast enough for ultra settings by the time the game is out of development; we don't know how demanding future expansions will be.  It should always be capable of a mix of high and ultra settings though.  The graphics card in the Acer is overkill for Sims 4, not that that's a bad thing.  The 1660 ti is about 40% faster in gaming than the 1650 ti.

Adding "high poly" (high resolution) custom content adds to the demands placed on a GPU, potentially by a significant margin depending on the cc itself.  So if you like using high poly items, you may get a significant benefit from the upgrade to the 1660 ti.  Mods don't generally add to the graphics load, unless the mods include extra skin details or the like.  They do increase the processor's workload, but the two options you've linked have the same CPU, one that has more power than Sims 4 would ever use.  Besides, with this class of processor, the limiting factor is usually the game engine, which will produce slowdowns at various points no matter how strong the computer's hardware is.

The bottom line is, you'd be perfectly fine with the Asus, but if you use high-res custom content, you may get a benefit from the faster GPU in the Acer.  That's really the only consideration here, and you shouldn't have any trouble with the game overall in either case.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (260 Views)

All Replies

@sddq687  The hardware in both laptops can run all current Sims 4 packs together on ultra graphics settings.  The graphics card in the Asus may or may not be fast enough for ultra settings by the time the game is out of development; we don't know how demanding future expansions will be.  It should always be capable of a mix of high and ultra settings though.  The graphics card in the Acer is overkill for Sims 4, not that that's a bad thing.  The 1660 ti is about 40% faster in gaming than the 1650 ti.

Adding "high poly" (high resolution) custom content adds to the demands placed on a GPU, potentially by a significant margin depending on the cc itself.  So if you like using high poly items, you may get a significant benefit from the upgrade to the 1660 ti.  Mods don't generally add to the graphics load, unless the mods include extra skin details or the like.  They do increase the processor's workload, but the two options you've linked have the same CPU, one that has more power than Sims 4 would ever use.  Besides, with this class of processor, the limiting factor is usually the game engine, which will produce slowdowns at various points no matter how strong the computer's hardware is.

The bottom line is, you'd be perfectly fine with the Asus, but if you use high-res custom content, you may get a benefit from the faster GPU in the Acer.  That's really the only consideration here, and you shouldn't have any trouble with the game overall in either case.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (261 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Thanks for the help. I’m going for the Acer, thinks that’s the best choice👍🏽
Message 3 of 3 (241 Views)