New Years Eve countdown issue

by greenean71

Original Post

New Years Eve countdown issue

★★★★ Apprentice

Hello all. So I had my family of Sims watch the New Year's Eve countdown on the TV. They did their normal thing starting to watch the countdown around 10pm, then around 11:30pm they stand up and do their cheering. Here's the issue. The TV died at 11:58pm. They just froze in place for a little bit. I replaced the TV and had to reset each Sim and now the only thing that will play on the TV is the countdown. I now have 6 sad Sims because the countdown was the main favorite thing about the holiday. Anyone else had this issue before?  

Message 1 of 4 (670 Views)

Re: New Years Eve countdown issue

Champion

@greenean71 , so, your TV is now stuck on the countdown, but all your Sims are sad because they missed the countdown?  You could replace the TV, or wait for it to break and then when you repair it it might be able to have its channels switched.  As for the sad Sims just try to get their moods up.  The sad mood will go away eventually. 

I don't think it is a bug (though I could be wrong). To me it just sounds like a glitch that happened because your TV broke at a very unfortunate time. 😓
I did check the Compiled List of Bugs that is in the  Bug Reports Forum to see if there was any other instances that this happened and I couldn't find any.  While this could have happened to someone else, the chances of your Sims' TV breaking just 2 Sim minutes before the New Year is pretty rare! Raised eyebrow  It doesn't surprise me that your Sims didn't register the event.  However it does surprise me a bit that the TV is stuck on the countdown. 

Are you on a console or are you on a PC or Mac?  If you are on a PC or Mac, do you use any Mods or Custom Content (CC)?Wondering

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 4 (640 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Thanks for the reply. Whatever that TV issue did it rendered my game inoperable. I can't get into my game anymore. It gets to the splash screen, then whites out, then the window will minimize. I have restarted my computer and I still can't get into my game. So if I can figure out how to get back into the game, I will let you know if I can sell the TV and maybe it can get back to showing normal channels again.

Message 3 of 4 (610 Views)

Champion

@greenean71  how frustrating! 😖 I'm really sorry that happened!  😢

Is it just this save game file that you can't get into, or your entire game?  I took this to mean your entire game, but I want to make sure I'm understanding you correctly!   Angel

If it is just that save game file, then you can revert to a backup. 
If it is the entire game then make sure Origin in game is turned off and do a factory reset. 

Please update us on your situation! Thinking

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 4 (591 Views)