New Sleepwear Locked Behind EA Play

by gooochyeee

Original Post

New Sleepwear Locked Behind EA Play

★★★★★ Pro

So the new sleepwear that leaked mind you is now locked behind ea play. Which is discusting in my opinion. I have payed roughly 1000 pound on this game and to have some "free" content locked behind ea play is not right at all. This is the only EA play product that I like and to pay 5 pound a month for what? Some recoloured clothing. EA have made many bad decisions. But this has to be up there with one of the worst decisions they have made. As a PC player and able to have acess for mods I can easily use the sims studio and override this decision but our console players arent so lucky. Considering they have been screwed over already with the build mode changes. I know this wasnt made by the sims team but some executive working for ea. A few minutes on twitter shows just how strong public opionion is on this considering how much backlash you are reciving. I hope you guys can reverse this , thank you 

Message 1 of 20 (2,789 Views)

Re: New Sleepwear Locked Behind EA Play

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I think it's terrible that EA did this action! As a collector it is really frustrating that you do not get this. Then these are also recolors ...

Message 2 of 20 (2,735 Views)

Community Manager
Hey all,

At this time this set is an exclusive perk for our console EA Play members.

I understand that some of you find that frustrating, and I've forwarded that feedback up.
EACade
Message 3 of 20 (2,720 Views)

★★★★ Expert

I imagine that if people don't sign up for EA Play to get this, it won't be something that happens often. I don't want new sleepwear enough to pay for a subscription, so I'll be giving this one a miss.

(Also, I'm glad it's sleepwear because if people unsubscribe, will their Sims be naked?)

Message 4 of 20 (2,522 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Cade wrote:
Hey all,

At this time this set is an exclusive perk for our console EA Play members.

I understand that some of you find that frustrating, and I've forwarded that feedback up.

I am an xbox player with an EA play subscription through game pass ultimate and I can't find any way to obtain this set. How do we get it?

Message 5 of 20 (2,439 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Very disappointing news. Players across all platforms pay the same for the game so should have access to all free content. I only play The Sims, and have for many years, it makes no sense for me to have an EA Plays sub.

As a player who buys all the dlc for the game on release, this is the first decision EA has made that has angered me to this extent. Come on guys, we all give you enough already.

Message 6 of 20 (2,418 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This is very frustrating, why would it be just for console EA Play members when the pack is about sleep overs which should include pyjamas. What are you giving PC players then? I have paid a fortune for this game and it makes me consider not buying the expansion pack if this is what EA is doing. Another reason I did not want to change to the EA app. I knew EA would try to get Simmers to have to pay for special things. Unbelievable.

Message 7 of 20 (2,304 Views)

★ Apprentice

I agree. Everybody I spoke to on Twitter (and I spoke to a lot of people about this) is annoyed. Not even kits, that are hated by about half the community, went as far as this. Kits cost you 5 dollars but it's about 15 items and you pay only once and the content is yours forever. Now the new standard that EA is trying to impose is to sell one item at 5 dollars monthly for as long as you keep paying for it? People are annoyed enough, the game is good but already costs about 1000 dollars to have it all, and a lot of people just won't have it anymore and are migrating to other games.

Message 8 of 20 (2,151 Views)

Champion

I've been meaning to join EA Play because the DLCs are always a little cheaper and I thought, meh, might as well. But there's no point after the controls were broken by the January patch as I can't commit to more content additions until that's fixed (or if it's fixed). I'd only just got my game working again. To say I'm not feeling the love right now from a franchise I've been devoted to for over 2 decades, well that would be an understatement.

So I'll miss out on this and to me it should have just been a quick SDX for everyone, maybe alongside a message promising fixes for us. We're such a strong fanbase of loyal customers but the atmosphere is starting to feel a little too corporate if I may say so, with all due respect.

These are the little things I usually get a kick out of, just a little free item drop occasionally and further game development, the next steps in the franchise. I'm not feeling like my money is good enough as a console player. Luckily I'm quite creative when it comes to making up nightwear combos to make up for there not being enough options available. A vest top here, a sweatpant there and some bunny slippers... perfect 🌛😴.

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 9 of 20 (1,802 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@comicsforever 

No, I don’t think this is a test for project Rene and subscription model. I rather think that project Rene got buy 2 pay or free to pay and then rather: If you have EA Plus you got monthly 4 new items! If you have EA Plus + you got 10 new items! Its build on the fomo (fear of missing out) concept.

Fomo is extreme dangerous I am lucky that I overcome my fomo problem, but this was not easy step and I still need to wait out all *special* actions because it would trigger my fomo again(as example for sims4 the pre order content for growing together)

For PC player the whole set is already there for CC. I really was thinking this start with sims 5 and not with sims 4. I am sure they are not surprised about this shitstrom although I think the sims4 team had no say in this and it was a decision from up.

Message 10 of 20 (1,788 Views)