Re: Migraines from redesign

by WaytoomanyUIDs

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 Screens Causing Serious Migraines

Champion (Retired)

The Sims team is working on some adjustments.
SimGuruFrost posted on Twitter today.
""Simmers, we heard your feedback regarding the colour usage on our loading screen and are making adjustments. Below is the current loading screen and underneath is the new loading screen which will go live in our August patch.""
Know that help is on the way for those with sensitivities triggered by the new colors.
- EQ Avid Sims Player

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 11 of 24 (1,382 Views)

Re: New Sims 4 Screens physically hurts my eyes

Champion (Retired)

Help is on the way for those sensitive to the new color scheme.

SimGuruFrost - Community Manager verified on Twitter today the team is working on adjusting the color scheme.

Changes will be available in the August patch.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 12 of 24 (3,496 Views)

The Sims 4 new branding design

★★ Newbie

Hello,

I suffer from photo-sensitivity and migraines. This week TS4 introduced a new branding for the game that includes new loading screen and new recoloring for the packs. After updating the game I find myself unable to look at my screen while the game loading, even for a few seconds, as it causing me headaches immediately. Also as playing the game my eyes get easily strained from trying to differ between the packs icons, as now they are all the same colors and the coloring between expansion packs and game packs is too similar. I find this change even affecting my ability to watch videos about the sims when showcasing these screens. I know many people have showed complains about this on social media. I'm all for new branding and fresh look, but I hope you will make adjustments to the color tones and brightness so we all would be able to enjoy the game as always. Thank you.

Message 13 of 24 (1,379 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EuphorialQueen Thank you for the update, I don't have twitter. Guess I'll have to wait till August to play again.
Message 14 of 24 (1,410 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Immediately induced migraines in a friend of mine to point they can no longer play AT ALL. This is ridiculous, glad they're looking at changing it. Because I doubt they'd reimburse my friend the money he's dropped on the game.

Message 15 of 24 (1,396 Views)

@asimbsim

Merged your post into this one on the issue. The Sims team are aware and looking to implement an updated loading screen colour in the August patch.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 16 of 24 (1,374 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Message 17 of 24 (1,357 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Screens Causing Serious Migraines

★ Expert

I am also having issues with the new intro. The loading screen (colours, spinning, and such) are making me dizzy and nauseous. I have seen quite a few people having this issue, as well as migraines.

Message 18 of 24 (1,355 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

I am also suffering from dizziness and nausea from the intro (weird zoom type animation with the background shapes), and having issues with loading screens (and colours- which has never happened to me before). I literally have to look away.

Message 19 of 24 (1,347 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

HI,

Star I must be one of the few that like it, Wink  Large smile Though, just popped in to let some know that there is a mod available online by twisted mexi for the loading screen at any rate: >> 

Twisted Mexi UI Splash Screen

Sasha

edit: from "soon" as is now (21/07) released to the public

Standard smile
I have no connection to EA

Message 20 of 24 (1,340 Views)