New Sims 4 Pack Idea: Hotel Management

by bohne006

Original Post

New Sims 4 Pack Idea: Hotel Management

★★★★★ Novice

Since I really enjoy the new opportunity of the November update to place vacation homes in every world, I would love to manage a hotel or small B&B with my Sims. On the on hand the gameplay of staying at a hotel with roomservice etc. was really great in TS2, on the other it would be so much fun if my Sims could work on giving others the best time and showing them how beautiful their home world is.

I think this would make the new vacation gameplay so much greater, because right now I don't feel to much difference between just visiting an neighborhood and staying there for vacation.

What are your thoughts on this?

Message 1 of 11 (3,564 Views)

Re: New Sims 4 Pack Idea: Hotel Management

★ Guide
@bohne006 I'd LOVE to run a hotel in the game, a ski lodge hotel would be good in the snow world.
Message 2 of 11 (3,556 Views)

Champion
@bohne006 What a great idea 🥇 and sure it would be nice as an extra besides running a food stall, restaurant or store. I already made the Calico in Brindleton Bay in pub-like inn. So to turn a couple of rental apartments into B&B's or hotels would be a hugh improvement.
It would be nice, though, to have an extra on the gameplay too.
We already have butlers in the game and in 'At Work' there are receptionists. But it would be fun to have somethings like breakfast bars (University) and roomservice too. I Also think of dirty linnen, nit picking hotel guests, grumpy staff you name it. This idea deserves XP and a 'Me Too'!

Have fun playing. 😉

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 3 of 11 (3,544 Views)

★ Guide

As long as mods could raise the number of rooms this would be amazing! You could essentially clone the roommate system, it would be super easy for them to put this in as a game pack.

Message 4 of 11 (3,516 Views)

Champion

@bohne006 , @yuk75 , @Trismagistos , and @IngeJones , around the same time EA gave us a survey to see if we would like to have snow sports in the game (about a year ago) which led to the creation of the Snowy Escape EP, there was also a question about if we were interested in being able to stay at or run a hotel in the game! Raised eyebrow So maybe they will make a hotel pack! Fingers crossed  Simmers have been asking for this for a few years now! 

Message 5 of 11 (3,499 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Oh wow, thank you all so much for supporting my idea 💜

@Trismagistos OMG yes! Breakfast bars would be so cool. Also a equal system for coaching your staff as for restaurants, so you can bring your hotel to 5 🌟 with super fancy food or creating more of an simple and cozy one. The dirty linnen makes me think of different kinds of guests, some really nice with a good tipping (in TS2 Open For Business the customers also tipped in restaurants for good service) or some really nasty one who almost destroy the room (could be more likely in cheap, low rated hotels).

I played TS2 a lot (also while the TS3 era, because I loved it so much and didn't want switch) so I mostly reference to that. When you stayed at a hotel the other rooms where blacked out like in City Living and I think this would be also cool here. Even when you're the manager you don't know what's going on inside the rooms and get surprised what the guests left behind (or even stole) when they check-out. Also noisy ones like the neighbors in apartments would be cool.

Ah, now I can't stop thinking about it! I really hope @PugLove888 is right and maybe they can use some of the input from this thread 😄🤔

Message 6 of 11 (3,490 Views)

Champion

@bohne006 , I also loved TS2 soooooo much!  It is my favorite version of the Sims!  While I enjoyed some aspects of TS3, it was no where near the level of TS2 for gameplay enjoyment!  But unlike you I switched immediately to TS3, so therefore I regretted it! Disappointed  I didn't switch back because I had a new computer for TS3, and all my old saves , stories, and families were on my old computer, and I would feel their absence! Devil

Yes, I really hope they add hotels and hotel management to TS4! Fingers crossed🥰  It is something a lot of people would be interested in and hopefully they could make it compatible with packs like Jungle Adventure, Island Living, Snowy Escape, even Strangerville! Large smile 

Message 7 of 11 (3,441 Views)

★★★ Guide
@bohne006 When you said Sims 2 and hotel management, were you talking about the DS version of Sims 2? Because I played on console (Xbox) a long time ago and I don't remember any hotels being in it. 😯 I haven't played for PC so I don't know if you could be talking about an EP either, sorry. 😅

Also I think it'd be cool to have a hotel pack where you could own a hotel and stuff. Don't know how possible it'd be for this game though. ☺️ I found Giuseppi Mezzoalto on the Gallery (uses base game) a few months ago so it'd be pretty funny to see him checking into a hotel I own if there were to be a hotel pack. Would probably give me a bit of nostalgia even though it's been about a year since I last played Sims 2, lol. 😆
Message 8 of 11 (3,414 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I love the idea!

If I could add to it though, ownership of lounges, bars and nightclubs as well please. 

Ordering drink supplies. 

Collecting entrance fees. 

Supply management. 

Advertizing 

Hiring and managing bouncers, bar staff and booking entertainment. ( singers, comedy, dj's ) 

The new map could be an entertainment and tourist district. 

"At Night" ritzy, neon Vegas style. Storyline could be Sam, a broke Elvis impersonator trying to become a nightclub tycoon in the big city. Laura, a musician trying to have her performance requested and sold out at all the big hotels and bars. Maggy, a dishwasher who wants to climb to the top and become the CEO of the largest hotel in Sim world. Will the countless hours of sleepless nights and stressful days ultimately send your sim to the Grim? Or will they make it to the top?

The beauty of this is its simplicity. Most the employee roles are already programed into the game.

Maids, butlers, mixologists, bouncers, comedians, DJs and entertainers are all there. 

New programmable roles/ jobs/ careers could be tourist agent, tour guides, event coordinator to name a few. 

Message 9 of 11 (3,408 Views)

Sul Sul Simmers!

Simminggoat here!

I just made a topic and a fellow simmer linked me to yours! I am thrilled to know we are all thinking the same 

I haven’t played on the pc for a while now due to my laptop breaking from too much simming so I haven’t had the chance to know and feel what the updates are like! Which sucks BIG time (I needed to put it in caps so you know just how big I’m talking) I’m so glad we are making this a focused talked about topic! We need this feature because I thought it would have already been here from it being such a great feature in TS2!

I would always get my sims to stay there for like a sims month or until they were broke! One of my sims even got fired for not coming into work anymore from vacationing so much!

But at least they were so relaxed about it! 

I loved all the features and want it back new and improved with TS4 graphics!

Heres a link to my topic too so you can have a read:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/Hotels-and-Resorts/m-p/9954246/highlight/true#...

Message 10 of 11 (3,325 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help