Re: New Pool and Backyard Games

by mdouglas2010

Original Post

New Pool and Backyard Games

★★★★★ Apprentice

It'd be really cool if more backyard games and pool games could be added. 

Currently, Sims don't do much in the pool except swim laps or tread water and talk to each other. In Sims 2, Sims would play Marco Polo. That'd be fun to bring back. Could also have Sims toss a ball or a football to each other in the pool. Or have cannonball and diving contests. Or have Sims race in the pool or have contests to see who can hold their breath the longest. Could also add a net to the pool so Sims can play volleyball or badminton in the pool. 

And with adding nets for the pool, nets on land could also be added for volleyball, pickleball, badminton, and tennis in the backyard. New lots could be created like tennis courts and squash. 

And this is morbid but there are opportunities to add new deaths to The Sims with these games and activities lol

Message 1 of 4 (241 Views)

Champion

I love all of these ideas. While they're at it, perhaps they could give us round/above-ground pools.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 2 of 4 (218 Views)

Champion

I agree, they don't really do that much in the pools. I added the waterslides and they liked them better but the pool gets a bit boring, it just looks really nice in the garden.

@PipMenace I'd like above ground pools too, I don't know if you've tried this but I make my own by placing a pool in a deck, right to the edges of it and then removing the deck except for one or two squares to add a ladder or a walkway to access it. It's not quite the same as a nice round one placed in the garden but they look okay, especially with shrubs or planters around the outside of them.

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 3 of 4 (206 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@PipMenace I hadn't thought about an aboveground pool but that's a good idea. TS4 has kiddie pools, seems like they could take the concept and make aboveground pools.
Message 4 of 4 (186 Views)