New Pogo is not great

by rayniestzi

Original Post

New Pogo is not great

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I have been a member for 20 yrs. I'm so unhappy with this new pogo. Can't find my friends or play games with them. Chat rooms hold way to many people can't have a conversation because it moves to fast and because of tourneys. Bowling is gone. big big problem for me. I 'm not renewing if this is is how it's gonna be. I feel so isolated from all the friends I've met on here. DCR couldn't get the hosts rooms to load. This new site just sucks. A huge waste of my money. Have to pay a yearly fee, buy gems, buy badges. Should I just hand over my wallet? NOPE NOT STAYING

RaynIest

[CM edit: removed curse word from the title. Please stick to the forum rules]

Message 1 of 6 (575 Views)

Re: New Pogo is crap

★ Apprentice

I totally agree with you. Pogo used to be fun, I miss my friends also. It's sad. 

Message 2 of 6 (509 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@Brownsfan55 @rayniestzi,

I understand that you enjoyed talking to your friends and are worried that with Flash going away, you won't be able to talk to your friends anymore. But that is not the case, fortunately. You can still stay in touch using the chat system on the new Pogo experience. Standard smile 

You can access it from the bottom of the game menu on the right side of the screen. 

When you join chat, you're automatically placed in one of several available rooms. If you have any friends playing, you will automatically be placed in the same room as them when you join. You can easily hop between the different rooms by clicking on the room name at the top.

You can easily connect with old friends (and make new ones, of course). When you click on another player's avatar, it will bring up additional information, along with "Add Friend", "Report" and "Block" options.

If you want to find out more, you can head over to this Pogo blog post on chat. 

- Leeloo

Leeloo.png

Stay and Play.png
Message 3 of 6 (465 Views)

★ Novice

NO this does not make me happy or solve the problem. You can't have a converstation with 50 +people in a room. Can't talk with tours going on chat moves way to fast.  Doesn't solve the problem of my wallet being emptied for EVERYTHING. What is the point of the yearly fee?? I get nothing. I have to buy power ups, i have to buy badges. Too much money for a site that is totally screwed up now. Games for kids. Not adults. Censored words that make no since. Like saying "ss" to somone who had a bad game...really? "crap" too? I mean come on people. 

I'm done. 

Rayniest

Message 4 of 6 (447 Views)

★★ Novice

Very true..Hate the changes..Have friend in new thing and I click to play same game and I go to old rooms..Does not show them in rooms there.And I can't get to new game where they are..Bunch of crap.

Message 5 of 6 (436 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

All the comments voicing dissatisfaction with the new Pogo website are true.  This is not the same Pogo site anymore except in name only.  I wish there was a way to bring back the way Pogo operated in the past but I doubt that will ever happen.  Even with Flash and Java games being gone, this could be a good game site again.  I would return as a paying member If EA had new mini items that worked on the New Pogo pages, if they had chat that was more user friendly, and if they had games that looked like they were designed for adults rather than kids. I'm glad that EA allows non-paying members to play games here (with commercial interruptions) but there are only a handful of the HMTL-5 games here now that I enjoy, AND many of them basically require using gems to buy power-ups to complete the games.  I would rather EA returns the Pogo game site to the way it operated a few years ago and raise their membership price instead of the way it is operating now. 

However, EA has changed the Pogo game site into their vision of what Pogo should be.  As you can see from the comments posted at the Answers HQ pages, that is not what many paying members want.  I think the Pogo site is not a big money maker for EA, so they may not want to invest more effort and time into making it better than it is.  And while these forum pages can serve for people to leave their opinions and suggestions here, I don't see many changes that address the wishes of the playing public. If nothing changes, undoubtedly the number of people playing here will continue to decrease.  When I first came to the Pogo game site 4 years ago there were 50,000 people here every night.  Old-timers from years ago tell me there used to be 100,000 people here and waiting lines to join in the games because the servers couldn't keep up with the demand.  Look at the number of players here at night now.  Sometimes the number is over 30,000 but often it is less than that.  The number of people here now is close to half of what it was 4 years ago when I joined.  Perhaps when the number of players drops significantly more the Pogo site will be shut down. 

Message 6 of 6 (424 Views)