New Player’s Questions

by rnyc4b

Original Post

Highlighted

New Player’s Questions

★★★★ Novice

Hi everyone, I’m a new player and have been playing a lot within the last 2 weeks. I just have a few questions regarding the social aspect of this game. I know that when other sims have the blue above their head it means they’re other people’s players, and you can friend request them, etc. But aside from just sending a friend request and having it accepted(and the messaging part that no one seems to use) that’s really all there is available to do? I was kind of dissapointed too because I thought that when you join or host a party, that at least that would be in live time and you can interact with other player’s sims as they “join” your party, but it’s not even like they can see what your doing anyway? ..also, if you go to different parts around town, everyone sees different sims meaning that if my friend is playing and their sim is in one of the towns, I don’t see their sim there if I go to that same part of town?:/ is this just the way it is or am I missing something? Someone please let me know.

Message 1 of 5 (438 Views)

Re: New Player’s Questions

★★★★ Novice

Also, you can’t even know if another player has interacted with your sim on their end, right?

Message 2 of 5 (430 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@rnyc4b   I get what you mean! Well, for now we can only interact real time with friend simmers when you join or host a party in-game thru chat option. Though chat depends on how long you stay in the game (parties last 12 hours - so if you have the time to chat it up with a friend within that time period, nobody's gonna stop you. 

In my case, I only stay a few minutes in friends' parties maybe to say Hi or to check out their house & lot design & interiors. Especially if there's an event I don't spend much time in parties coz of event tasks that need to be accomplished. Besides, there's still many things you can do in the game that the social aspect may not be a priority.

Still, maybe in future updates additional social interactions with our real life friends will be added.

And regarding sims being in same place at the same time, yours & your friends', the current TSM gameplay is designed as separate games. This means, you have your game & your friends' have theirs. Whatever you do in your game is separate from them. For example, in your game, you see your friends' sims in the science center, in their game, their sim may be in another location. 

The only great impact on your sims & friends sims is if you or them request to move in thru relationship gameplay. Once you or them move in, that means you get the sim or they get your sim once moving in request is approved.

Hope I explained that clearly :-)

#StaySafe #StayHome #SaveLives #PlayTogether

Message 3 of 5 (394 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@rnyc4b That is correct.

#StaySafe #StayHome #SaveLives #PlayTogether

Message 4 of 5 (393 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you for your response! 

Message 5 of 5 (270 Views)