Re: New Expansion Pack Idea; Mythical Creatures

by petrovakim

Original Post

Accepted Solution

New Expansion Pack Idea; Mythical Creatures

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

So I had the idea that since we already have the Realm of magic and the Vampires packs, why don't we amp it up a bit. I had the idea for a Mythical Creatures Expansion Pack. So basically what the pack is ; your sim would get the luxury of being a pixie, werewolf, mutant, Dyrad, Elf , etc. The sims would be able to adopt rare mythical creatures such as; dragons, fairies, imps etc. They would be able to tame and train them to do loads of diffrent things. The sims would also learn many abilities based on the role and path that they choose wether it be good or evil.

Let me Know what you think hopefully the Sims Creators like my Idea. Large smile

Message 1 of 8 (1,512 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice
@PugLove888 Hehe I didn't mean to put mod lol. I was working on a mod for another game so i guess my mind just plugged it in. I get what you are talking about and you made a valid point

View in thread

Message 5 of 8 (1,353 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@Soul_Taker209, this is a lot like The Sims 3's Supernatural EP.  Many people did love that pack, but it also had some drawbacks, namely that none of the supernatural Sims were that deep or fleshed out.  TS4 has taken a different approach when they have a supernatural based pack released, like Vampires or Realm of Magic. In those, Vampires and Spellcasters are more fleshed out & detailed, and we can do more with them than we could in TS3's Supernatural.  Many people prefer this approach.Standard smile
However, for some supernaturals that don't have as much to their lore as the big ones do, I could see this as a possibility, just not for the big supernaturals like Werewolves. For Werewolves and Fairies I would prefer Game Packs in the style of Realm of Magic and Vampires! 

Also, Realm of Magic and Vampires are Game Packs not Mods.  Mods are something a 3rd party adds to the game that makes it behave differently from how EA intended.  EA made the Vampires and Realm of Magic GPs , so they are not Mods. Wink

And yes, I think a great many people would love to have a pet dragon in the game! Party hat

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 8 (1,483 Views)

★★★ Expert

@PugLove888  A pet dragon would be awesome, but imagine having to clean that litter box! xD

Message 3 of 8 (1,466 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I liked the idea @Soul_Taker209 Mainly the fact that we have greater interactions with mystical animals Standard smile

Message 4 of 8 (1,414 Views)

★★★ Novice
@PugLove888 Hehe I didn't mean to put mod lol. I was working on a mod for another game so i guess my mind just plugged it in. I get what you are talking about and you made a valid point
Message 5 of 8 (1,354 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Soul_Taker209 I actually talked about this in high and doing things pod cast. We sim out alot on the podcast. Check out one of my earlier releases with Lucy as the host. I asked ea games if they would come out with an enchanted forest game expansion pack. There would be many magical creatures and dragons would be full size. Also there was a delicate for how to get meat from farm animals or game. Just wrestle the animal ! You could wrestle your pigs in the pig pen and get all messy and if you win the pig hands over some bacon!!
You would also have elves in need of a new ruler and your sim has a chance of becoming a king or queen!!
They would live in the enchanted forest and there would be a large elven palace to earn the right to purchase and live in. Once the elves approve of you that is. You would not be able to travel to the forest. You could find it when your sim gets lost by wandering off. You would just click on personal actions and click wander off. You would then have a chance of finding the enchanted forest.
Message 6 of 8 (716 Views)

★★★ Pro

@JessicaDuskin84 I could see it as a standalone game like Sims medieval but not in the Sims 4 don't think it would work.

Message 7 of 8 (697 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Soul_Taker209 The thing is, this was already done in the Sims 3, I think that pack was in that supernatural pack and don't get me wrong, it was interesting and I enjoyed it, but I really don't like rehashes except for maybe the hot date ideas or vacations have always been fun but different, I loved the house boat thing and kinda miss that sometimes, seeing your sims on a moving boat and redoing a theme park was pretty neat, too bad I never saved but one house on the sims 3 back in those days. I've at least uploaded 70 things half houses, half sims, but I guess back in those days I wasn't as confident with building good designs, so many people seemed so great that I didn't try much back then. I'm alot more seasoned now and often use floor plans when designing builds or I look to movies or pictures of houses for ideas, it really helps, but sometimes you just want a unique design and I've done a few of those. I also thought, 'into the future' from sims 3 was very clever, the bots your sims could mod, the hoverboard, meeting 'future' versions of your family was really unique. And I tend to like stuff that I haven't seen before, so it's not that those weren't good but if you already own a copy, well what's really the point? Unless it's just something you really loved.
Message 8 of 8 (603 Views)