Need to implement loyalty in Sims esp if married

by BadCowboy1969

Original Post

Need to implement loyalty in Sims esp if married

★★ Apprentice

I have worked long and hard with my two Sims to get them from being simply buddies all the way up to soul mates, lovers and spouses.  However, I'm very disturbed by the lack of respect and loyalty they sometimes seem to want to display.  Running up to strangers to give flirty introductions or worse yet kissing hands is really wrong.  I think that a player should have the option if they want their Sim to be a player like that or a cheater.  However, I don't want that with these two and don't appreciate having to watch them like a hawk if they're out and about.  I know I'm not the only one that feels this way as I've seen complaints on the Sims Forums plenty of times regarding this matter.  

Another thing I don't understand is how to random Sims appear in their phone when I go to "Ask on a date"   Sometimes my Sims could have zero interactions with anyone other than their spouse and suddenly a random Sim pops in there.  They have like no friends with any green bars and certainly no one with pink bars.  This is another feature that makes no sense.  Why is that there especially when it comes to married Sims?  

My boys are not players and are devoted to one another.  They're so attentive and always doting to one another as well as very loving and affectionate.  Things like this really spoil the game play for me.  Like I said I know I'm not the only one that feels this way about these sort of things.  Hope one day this can be something put in a patch to keep Sims loyal.  I know that for the most part Sims are basically dummies anyway, but come on.  They wouldn't cheat having such a great relationship.

Message 1 of 13 (3,475 Views)

Re: Need to implement loyalty in Sims esp if married

Champion

@BadCowboy1969, I totally agree!Disappointed  I think the only Sims who should behave this way are the ones with the "Play the field" aspiration and maybe the "romantic" trait.  And it should never ever be an autonomous possibility for Sims with the Soulmate aspiration or the Family trait! Angry

Also, if you have the City Living pack, don't send married Sims to the Romance Festival unless you want their relationship to tank! Devil

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 13 (3,452 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@PugLove888   I've sent my boys to the romance festival a lot together and they loved it...in fact all they did was make out in front of everyone lol    Once I sent one on his own and he was bored and miserable because his husband was still at work and couldn't join him yet.  When he did show up you could really see the difference.  They are inseparable and i think they enjoyed showing off at that festival.  

Message 3 of 13 (3,445 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@BadCowboy1969

If you don't want them to be flirty all the time don't give them the romantic trait.

Edit.

When you select to travel somewhere all Sims on the current lot or that you have met are available as possible travel mates. Use the filters if you don't want to see everyone.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 13 (3,430 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

And what makes you think either of them have that?   Plus I had one literally jump up from his computer and run across the street to some random townie to do the enchanting intro to him.  So what does that mean?  I have to board them up in their house not allowing them outside at all by removing all the doors?  What kind of life is that?  I shouldn't have to stop playing the game if the game allows for stupid things like that to happen.  For all the reality they put in the game, this kind of behaving is not the reality I want or is normal.  Could you imagine sitting on the couch with your significant other and they just bolt out the door to someone they haven't met yet and start flirting with them?  How real or logical is that?  Just stupid.  So yeah, loyalty traits should be a thing.

Message 5 of 13 (3,416 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Do you have any Items that put him in a flirty mode? I have never seen a Sim do flirty stuff without being flirty.

Why did you buy him the reward trait that allows him to make enchanting introductions if you want him to stay faithful?

Do you use Mods?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 6 of 13 (3,399 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Nope.  I have no mood enhancers enabled in their house plus that sort of nullifies the entire thing if they're out in public.  I didn't buy the reward trait.  Enchanting is part of the charisma skill.  The Sims 4's Charisma Skill is learned every time your Sim engages in conversation with other Sims, no matter the circumstance.  So again, what am I supposed to do? Lock them in their house with no doors and forbid them from talking to other people?  And no I don't use mods.  I have no need for that.  

Message 7 of 13 (3,387 Views)

Champion

@BadCowboy1969, I'm happy to hear your committed Sims had a great time at the Romance Festival! Standard smile That gives me hope! Angel   I tried it twice: once I had them drink the Sakura Tea, so maybe that was the problem because they started flirting with everyone.  The next couple I had I made them forego the Sakura Tea.  One of them still flirted with other Sims, but at least the other was faithful. Confused  But thanks to your example I will try it again and see if I can get better results with my committed Sims! Wink  (I do think the Romance Festival is fantastic for single Sims!  Many have found their soulmates there!) Heart

Message 8 of 13 (3,364 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@PugLove888 This is a picture of one of my Sims I sent to the romance festival without his husband.  Does this look like a man ready to mingle or even cheat for that matter?  He was miserable and moping around like this until his husband got off work and I had him join him at the festival.  My boys generally go there for fireworks and simply something dumb to do.  They are trying to learn all the recipes and eat at all the different food stalls so of course they have to go all the different festivals as I think that's the only way to get the foods.

Message 9 of 13 (3,352 Views)

Champion

@BadCowboy1969, aww!  He looks so sad!Devil  I've never sent just one married Sim to the Romance Festival alone, so I never knew they might act this way!  I've always had them go together and if one was at work, the other just didn't go.  And yes, I too am obsessed with having my Sims eat as many of the foods at the different festivals as possible!   Party hat

Message 10 of 13 (3,329 Views)