Need some help

by KaylaSims03

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Need some help

★★ Novice

So I’m going to be saving up for quite some time but I need some advice. I want to get a desktop pc, I know a little bit about specs but other opinions and recommendations won’t hurt. I want a pc that can run with many mods and lots of custom content, can handle shaders etc. I want to have very high graphics setting if not ultra and highest settings possible and it still be able to run fairly smooth, I intend to maybe start a YouTube channel or do some streaming on twitch to capture my gameplay. So I need something that can handle all that bullcrap I’m putting it through and be able to still record and stream. What are everyone else’s thoughts and opinions?

Message 1 of 6 (407 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Need some help

@KaylaSims03  That would definitely be a good choice, if it's available when you're ready to buy.  But there should definitely be something like that around at any given time, and perhaps a couple options that are a bit cheaper than ROG desktops tend to be.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (296 Views)

All Replies

@KaylaSims03  If you were asking me for a recommendation right now, here are the components I'd suggest:

• Processor:  Any eighth-gen i5 or above, or third-gen Ryzen 5 or above, would be fine.  You're not likely to see anything lower in new systems anyway.
  • Memory:  While you could get away with 8 GB for the game alone, you'll want 16 GB if you end up streaming.  RAM is easy to upgrade though, so don't worry if your otherwise perfect system has only 8 GB.
  • Storage:  A 512 GB solid state drive should be fine; you can also add another hard drive later.  Having an SSD as your primary drive will make everything load faster.
  • Graphics card:  A 1660 ti or above should be more than good enough for ultra settings, even with all the custom content you can download.

About the graphics card:  If you're buying in six months, look for systems with an Nvidia 3060, or maybe the AMD 5600, which hasn't been released yet.  The 3060 at least is much faster than a 1660 ti or 2060, and systems that have one shouldn't be that much more expensive if you wait until the market has calmed down.  However, it's not strictly necessary, just a good value, so don't worry if you can't find a new PC with one of the newest cards.

Back when prices were reasonable, a system with all of the above (except the 3060) might cost around $900 U.S., or perhaps a bit less when on sale.  It's not clear when the graphics card shortage will resolve, but if you're saving for a while anyway, you don't have to worry about that now.

When you're ready to buy, feel free to come back for more specific advice, either on components or an entire system.

Message 2 of 6 (383 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hmmm okay thank you, yes this will definitely be a few months worth of saving, gonna start putting pack some out of each check or whatever money I get from my babysitting side job. As I do have other expenses. I don’t wanna buy pc and it end up not being all that great Just because it was cheap so I’m willing to put some money into it and it being well worth it. Thank you for your recommendation I will definitely look into it

Message 3 of 6 (369 Views)

★★ Novice

What would your opinion be on something like this?

Message 4 of 6 (346 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@KaylaSims03 

That would be capable of running the Sims 4 with all expansions on Ultra Settings.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 5 of 6 (309 Views)

@KaylaSims03  That would definitely be a good choice, if it's available when you're ready to buy.  But there should definitely be something like that around at any given time, and perhaps a couple options that are a bit cheaper than ROG desktops tend to be.

Message 6 of 6 (297 Views)