by SheriGR

Original Post

Need an expansion pack with Farm animals

★★ Novice

I would like to see a sims 4 farmville with horses and other farm animals

Message 1 of 50 (1,012 Views)

Re: Expansion Pack Suggestion (Sims 4)

★★ Novice

I would love to see a "farming" pack with horses, pigs, chickens, etc. It would just be fun to be able to build a barn, harvest your own food to sell or keep, and keep up livestock. I really miss the horses from the Sims 3. 

Message 2 of 50 (920 Views)

Re: Need an expansion pack with Farm animals

★★★★ Novice
@combatchick_1982 Yeah I definitely agree, ever since the sims 3 had horses in pets I was hoping so would the sims 4. Would be super cool if they could listen to the demand we simmers have! We have wanted a farming pack for years.
Message 3 of 50 (953 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@combatchick_1982 @FroxyRoxy 

I totally agree

I want to farm! I love gardening, and would absolutely love to way of farming to enhance it. We could have chickens (they are just silly... and they could have chicks & eggs), horses (to breed and ride), cows (to milk and graze), the ability to have a farmer's market (maybe even a grocery store - or at least the ability to add our herbs and spinach to the Lice Cold Freezers), etc.

And we could even have Llamas on our farms, right!?! How cool would it be if you could breed and sell cows, horses and llamas, make butter and cheese, eat or sell those produces and your eggs, etc/\?! They could have a lot of nice options with a farming pack! 

👨‍🌾🐮 🧀 🐔 🐐 🐎 🦙 🐷 💩 👩‍🌾

Yes! I should have named my vet James Herriot. Darn it. Well... next time. Thinking

I think a number of the functionality aspects of Cats & Dogs would work great for Farms. We could breed and sell, go to the vet or bring the vet to the farm for a bit more, have illness & medicines, interact with them (training and riding horses, milk cows, feed them, gather chicken eggs for instance). It would also be fun if we could make butter, cheese, use eggs & milk to cook with, etc. And how fun would it be to knit on the farm with the Nifty Knitting pack!! Heart

Also, for a farming pack I would try a combo with off-the-grid living. Wouldn't that be an interesting twist option? Then my Sims could sell knit, baked, hand-crafted & produce items at a store for extra income! Fingers crossed

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 4 of 50 (927 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Rach47257@combatchick_1982@FroxyRoxy , this is an old suggestion that came out right after the Cats & Dogs EP  was released and everybody missed the horses that were in TS3.  Here is the main link for that from back in June of 2018 if you want to read it.Wink  The Original Poster has a lot of great ideas.Standard smile https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/Sims-4-Farm-Life-Idea/m-p/6894528#M5958

Also, it is doubtful that there would be pigs in a farm pack because they don't produce any items that are useful in the way that chickens, cows, sheep, or llamas do.  (Horses would fall into this category, but they were the main means of traveling far distances or of pulling loads too heavy for a mere human to handle. In the game they would probably be ridable, so it wouldn't matter if they produced any other products in the way cows, sheep, chickens, and llamas would!   Wink

And yes, I really want this pack as well.Party hat  I've wanted a farm pack ever since the original Sims came out with their pet pack which was called Unleashed! I think that came out in 2002 or 2003! So I've waited a very long time for a farm pack!!! Large smileHeart

@SheriGR, I was thinking that perhaps any wool from sheep or llamas either could be sold, and of course be used for yarn for people who have the Nifty Knitting SP  Heart-- but for those who don't have that pack, maybe they could introduce weaving so the wool would have a use besides selling it! Angel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 5 of 50 (864 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@PugLove888 Yes! Wool for yarn and knitting!! 🧶 I'm in!!!  

Message 6 of 50 (835 Views)

Champion
@SheriGR I guess you would run a farmshop in no time Wink

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 7 of 50 (820 Views)

Champion

@Trismagistos You got that right!! I think that would be the household/business combo that I would have the most passion for by nature. I would go crazy with that one! Heart

Message 8 of 50 (801 Views)

Champion

@Trismagistosand @SheriGR , yes, it would be like a farmer's market!  Cool

I would also love to have cheesemaking in a farm pack! Heart I forgot to mention that! 

Message 9 of 50 (761 Views)

Farming / horses

★★★ Newbie

So I’ve seen the post about how EA are finally listening to us about new skin tones, bunk beds, etc.

All I’m wondering is if they give us farming like they mentioned in the post then it would be cool to look after animals and be able to own horses and maybe compete with horses in like jumping competition or races or something.

I just want horses guys lol!

Just an idea!

Message 10 of 50 (682 Views)