Re: Need Help Understanding Mods

by Psychotps

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Need Help Understanding Mods

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi I don’t know where else to reach out about this but while I’ve had custom content downloaded for my game for years and know how it works I cannot for the life of me figure out how to download the lot this guy mentions you can download. I recently went to Santa Monica and I want to have this in my game but I wanted it more so for the build itself but all I got was all the objects and cc but the lot isn’t in my library. I moved the tray files to the tray after extracting them and also extracted the zip file in the tray folder but neither has given me the build in game Frown I know that mods vary based on the creator themselves but maybe someone here who has experience knows what I’ve maybe done wrong but I can’t get a hold of the creator as he will not respond to my questions. 

here is the mod and cc I’m referring to: https://melbennetts4.blogspot.com/2021/05/sims-4-santa-monica-pier-inspired-build.html?showComment=1...

Message 1 of 8 (372 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@smilelikemiles

If you look at the file, it has TWO folders "Mods Folder" and "Tray". The "Mods Folder" Contains all the CC they used in making it. THAT goes in your Mods folder.

The "Tray" folder contains the actual LOT. That goes in your Tray folder. It should then show up somewhere in your library.

** Make sure to turn on "Custom Content" in your LIBRARY view in order to see lots with CC.

View in thread

Message 7 of 8 (281 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@smilelikemiles 

This is a Lot not a Mod and you place it the same way you would any other lot from your personal library.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 8 (338 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I don’t understand though. It’s not in my library so like where is it? I downloaded it and the folder is labeled MODS FOLDER when you download it. I put the build in the tray where it’s supposed to go and the lot doesn’t exist. I’m so confused Frown 

Message 3 of 8 (314 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Can you maybe explain where I’m supposed to download this and what folder to put it in? The only things that downloaded were the cc used in the build so I placed all of that in my mods folder where it’s supposed to go and it’s in my game exactly where it should. Now when I go to my library there are no newly added builds to my library except my own that I recently built or downloaded from the gallery from others. The Santa Monica lot is not there at all. I downloaded this for the lot itself, not just the cc because I wouldn’t be able to build this myself. I’m not that skilled in building to be able to recreate something like this. This person left no instructions on downloading their content or where to place it so I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong. Also sorry I’m aware this isn’t a mod I was just tired and didn’t know how to word this. I have mods and know how they function. I also know how to download lots in game from the gallery itself, but I don’t know how to get this guys lot in my game which is what I’m asking for steps on how to do. I’m at a loss and ready to just give up because I spent hours trying to figure this out. There is no download link for the lot so I’m very confused 

Message 4 of 8 (310 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@smilelikemiles 

Lots you download goes in the Tray folder. That should have been explained where you got it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 5 of 8 (303 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

But I did put all the tray folder contents in the tray on their own…. Still do not have the lot lol 

Message 6 of 8 (293 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@smilelikemiles

If you look at the file, it has TWO folders "Mods Folder" and "Tray". The "Mods Folder" Contains all the CC they used in making it. THAT goes in your Mods folder.

The "Tray" folder contains the actual LOT. That goes in your Tray folder. It should then show up somewhere in your library.

** Make sure to turn on "Custom Content" in your LIBRARY view in order to see lots with CC.

Message 7 of 8 (282 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yes I know lol I did that and something super simple fixed my issue. I did nothing wrong just didn’t have something checked off in the gallery. Thanks but no one here answered my original question but thankfully a friend of mine was able to resolve it. 

Message 8 of 8 (269 Views)