Re: Sims mobile won't let me enter a name.

by joehankiflie

Original Post

Highlighted

★ Novice

Hi im having the same problem, reached level 6 and i cant progress any further. Ive tried every possible combination, even tried deleting the game and downloading back but its still the same. Help??

Message 21 of 26 (2,467 Views)

Re: Name Format for Sims Mobile?

★★★ Newbie

I have tried that all ready but it doesn't work. I have even tried names I would not use, random letters and random words. It just doesn't seem to work.

Message 22 of 26 (2,170 Views)

Re: Name Format for Sims Mobile?

Hero
@sims_gamer123go This thread is from 2018. Please open a bug report and provide the requested information here:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/the-sims-mobile-bug-reports-en

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 23 of 26 (2,168 Views)

★★★ Newbie

did you ever get it to work

Message 24 of 26 (1,435 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@jamiayh i haven't experienced this bug personally, but it's apparently a pretty common glitch that hits new players when they reach level 6. @SalixCat has recommended this as a temporary workaround:

For some players typing more than 22 random letters has solved this problem.
Another option is to delete the progress and restart the game from level 1.

There's an open thread in Bug Reports collecting info from all the users that have this issue, so I'd recommend adding your details to that! @EA_DragonsEye has requested all players experiencing this glitch to DM them your player ID and a brief explanation of what you're experiencing so that they can follow up.

It seems to be impacting quite a significant proportion of players so hopefully by the next update it will be resolved.

Message 25 of 26 (1,423 Views)

Hero

@jamiayh please follow the advice from @FinnKimbrel

This thread is now locked as it is from 2018 and the issue was then solved.

Players experiencing this issue now in July 2021, please read and comment on the new thread [Open] - Player Name Format not accepted.

Thanks @FinnKimbrel for your help 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 26 of 26 (1,385 Views)