NPCs dying on the job

by SmoggyLambGG

Original Post

NPCs dying on the job

★★★★★ Apprentice

Well, that was literally a shocker! I called for repair services and they proceeded to fix my broken objects as per usual.  I'm playing in the game and suddenly the camera violently panned to the repairman at the spot where they were fixing things and they were being electrocuted to death!

This has occurred twice in one save. There were still broken objects in the household so I called out for another repairman and they also got electrocuted.

Gotta figure out whether this is by design or whether it's part of the "Neighborhood Stories" update. I assumed that all the NPCs are immune to every other hazard related to getting shocked or burned, weather (hot or cold, rain or snow, thunderstorms or blizzard), or being squished (by vending machine or Murphy bed).

What do you think? Have you had an NPC die while cleaning the house, tending the garden, taking care of the kids, or at the least bit, repairing the broken bits inside and out of the house?

Message 1 of 5 (460 Views)

Re: NPCs dying on the job

★★★★★ Guide

When I first started playing this game, I was all excited to have a wedding and set the whole thing up.

It did not go well - one of the caterers managed to die of freezing...I had organised a winter wedding. Had zero idea NPCs could randomly die of things.

So yes, any NPC can die of anything that can kill NPCs, even if they happen to be on the clock working at whatever job game assigned for them.

Message 2 of 5 (447 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Yes, this is as designed. As Khitteh said, anything that can kill your Sims can kill NPCs.

I think/hope repair people usually have higher handiness but since you're not controlling them you can't have them take a nap if they get shocked!

Message 3 of 5 (406 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Yeah I made a vet one time and this adult, not an elder walks in with his dog. His dog is being treated then this guy just dies. Couldn’t be old age. I don’t know what he died from. His dog was kinda just stranded there. Technically I was the one working but still

Message 4 of 5 (354 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@SmoggyLambGG I’ve had a NPC get struck by lightning a few times.
Message 5 of 5 (295 Views)