NPC stuck in a loop

by TheSolidRequiem

Original Post

NPC stuck in a loop

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.27.3.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Backyard Stuff, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Spa Day, Laundry Day Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Parenthood, Get to Work, Strangerville, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Dine Out, Get Famous, Outdoor Retreat, Vampires, City Living, Island Living, Fitness Stuff, Moschino Stuff, Tiny Living Stuff Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? This is a random bug
What happens when the bug occurs? An NPC will repeatedly perform the same activity
What do you expect to see? All NPC's act the same way
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

While playing the game, I saw some activity in the background.  This video shows an NPC stuck in a loop, and doing the same activity until the game is reset or restarted.  I randomly checked this NPC for 15-20 minutes, yet the looping continued.  other NPC's can be seen passing by, yet this specific one continues to loop.

Message 1 of 5 (495 Views)

Re: NPC stuck in a loop

Hero
@TheSolidRequiem Is this about the Sim that seems stuck in the wall or the one taking a shower for so long ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (472 Views)

NPC Loop

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.27.3.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Backyard Stuff, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Spa Day, Laundry Day Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Parenthood, Get to Work, Strangerville, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Dine Out, Get Famous, Outdoor Retreat, Vampires, City Living, Island Living, Fitness Stuff, Moschino Stuff, Tiny Living Stuff Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? This is a new random bug - please view the included video
What happens when the bug occurs? NPC walking in a circle, searching for a shop which had existed several hours ago
What do you expect to see? The background NPC walking and acting in a fluid, realistic manner
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Earlier today, I reported a bug where a shop, and NPC, near my sim's home lot were showing signs of an endless loop.  It now appears the shop has been deleted or otherwise disappeared - leaving the NPC walking around where the shop used to exist - as if searching for the shop.  Based on the thought bubble above the NPC's head, the game code detects the shop is gone, yet the NPC's instructions do not know how to respond.

Message 3 of 5 (531 Views)

Re: NPC Loop

Hero
@TheSolidRequiem Have you tried restarting the game, resetting the Sim (I know, might not be possible on console if you're going for achievements) or going to another lot and back ?

It's the same Sim you reported before, right ? Your video on the other one was a bit unclear what you're getting at.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (488 Views)

Re: NPC Loop

★★ Pro

@TheSolidRequiem  Did you perhaps leave the lot as commercial? That might explain their confusion.

Message 5 of 5 (458 Views)