NPC Sims are constantly Dazed without context

by NAUGHTYPEACHY

Original Post

NPC Sims are constantly Dazed without context

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Current
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Of the Current Stuff, game and Expansion Packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Talk to a NPC sim
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims are in a constantly dazed. They look odd because they are dazed.
What do you expect to see? Whenever I talk to a NPC they should be having their unique emotions/ moods such as embarrassed, happy, sad, focused ect. However it is up to the player to determine their moods. Sims are always in a dazed like state.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I think it appeared not long after the Strangerville game pack update and has not been fixed ever since. I have had to repair my game many times since that patch/ update and I have not seen any changes. This is a very common occurrence. It is very rarely that you come across a NPC that is showing a different emotion to Dazed.

N/A

Message 1 of 7 (4,570 Views)

Re: NPC Sims are constantly Dazed without context

[ Edited ]
Hero

@NAUGHTYPEACHY That's the drinking NAP doing this. Do you have this active ?

Could you please enter your game version ?

Here's instructions: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/8775353#M124496

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (4,552 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

So, is this a bug or drinking NAP is intended to have this effect for EVERY sim?

Message 3 of 7 (3,644 Views)

Hero
@rostsit It's intended for NPCs visiting your lot that have the NAP.

I think with this NAP there's not many options other than the dazed moodlet so they all have it.

The active Sims shouldn't.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (3,628 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@crinrictOk, thanks. Yes, it's NPC-only effect.

Message 5 of 7 (3,623 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I just now newly have this occuring. I had two things happen today before I loaded my game, I bought a pack combo, get together, outdoor, and the bowling kit. And the second thing is the pre-update for werewolves just finished loading. I'm not sure what NAP stand for so I don't know if I have that in my game? It seems like if they are dazed and I talk to them for a little bit it will change.

Message 6 of 7 (2,848 Views)

Hero
@Zoaea NAP = Neighborhood Action Plan. It came with the Eco Pack

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (2,815 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help