NO BUBBLE MACHINE

by Jeandra143

Original Post

Re: NO BUBBLE MACHINE

★★★★★ Apprentice
The loot box method of events causes frustration for everyone. Just as in the hot tub event, in spite of playing like it was my job, I still didn't get all the items. In the case of the hot tub event, it means I can't actually use the hot tub I did get because of item dependencies.

Thankfully the bubble bar isn't the same way, because I never did get a single love seat. I got max items of everything but bubble bar and lights, but weirdly enough, never the couch.

When you use RNG, you are guaranteed to disappoint everybody.

Stop using RNG in events. Use the same method as was used for the ASOS event. Let us choose what we want with the coins that we earn. People who throw themselves into the event or pay real money can get what they want.

I briefly considered paying real money to try to get the couch or more lights (that was the best item of them all, tbh) but I realized that it was way too much money to risk getting nothing.

What I just said: Hey EA I would have given you money but you were using RNG so I didn't. I did spend real money on the ASOS event to ensure I got all the prizes. That could have happened again with this event, but it didn't. 🤔🤔🤔
Message 21 of 27 (270 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@jooliea Exactly! And if you had gotten a couch you would have had to put them all away. I got 3 of them and the "Item Limit" wasn't satisfied until I put them all in storage. If someone got the bubbler but no rug, some of the interactions are missing. They need to fix a bunch of things but loot boxes and item limit are top 2 for me. 😒

Message 22 of 27 (265 Views)

★★★ Guide
What is also unfair, is that it says in the description of the event that the chances of getting a rare item were 15% but that was definitely lower! I opened around 80 boxes an got like 7 rare items. Real downer.
Message 23 of 27 (250 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Whoa the bubbler also has item dependencies?! Ugh I didn't even realize. Honestly, if they're going to make it ridiculously difficult to get all the stuff to the point that someone like me who did EVERYTHING POSSIBLE (seriously, I could not have done more) and got a jillion tokens and opened countless boxes and STILL DIDN'T GET EVERYTHING... They really need to knock off the item dependencies.
Message 24 of 27 (242 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@jooliea I totally agree! Item dependencies are not nice! Everyone wants to see 4 of their Sims sitting at the bubbler partying. If you didn't get the rug AND keep the rug out, you won't be able to see that because the interaction is grayed out. 😕

Message 25 of 27 (209 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

how do you mean its grayed out ?

Message 26 of 27 (206 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@Jeandra143 The "blow bubbles with..." interaction is grayed out. (Unavailable)  I had to put the rug into storage and when I went to use the bubbler that interaction was grayed out and it said something like "you need the red rug out or available". That's the main reason everyone wanted the bubbler.😕

Message 27 of 27 (199 Views)