N

by spirit_nz

Original Post

Accepted Solution

N

★★★ Novice

I'm trying to fence in a back yard and have grass, but when I join the edges, I have floor.  How do I get a lawn?

Message 1 of 4 (372 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: N

[ Edited ]
Champion

@spirit_nz Without a screenshot I'm guessing at a couple of things, but from your description I'm wondering if you're drawing your fence by starting at the building, and if you do this and you have a foundation on the building the foundation will continue on with your fencing.... and you may find that when you get back to the other side of the house to finish drawing the back yard fence this may 'complete' that area as if it was a deck and pop in a complete floor. If this is what's happening...

If you delete that fencing and re-draw your fenced-in back yard beginning at least one tile away from the home your fencing should draw just onto the grass without adding foundation. Then you can end by joining this fencing to the home drawing the fencing toward the home not beginning at the home edge. This video will clarify what this means: https://youtu.be/ywvNkSJWhFI

If this does not make sense, please include a screenshot and clarify further and I can confirm if that is the issue and help more appropriately.

Thanks! Let us know how it goes!

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (353 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion

@spirit_nz Without a screenshot I'm guessing at a couple of things, but from your description I'm wondering if you're drawing your fence by starting at the building, and if you do this and you have a foundation on the building the foundation will continue on with your fencing.... and you may find that when you get back to the other side of the house to finish drawing the back yard fence this may 'complete' that area as if it was a deck and pop in a complete floor. If this is what's happening...

If you delete that fencing and re-draw your fenced-in back yard beginning at least one tile away from the home your fencing should draw just onto the grass without adding foundation. Then you can end by joining this fencing to the home drawing the fencing toward the home not beginning at the home edge. This video will clarify what this means: https://youtu.be/ywvNkSJWhFI

If this does not make sense, please include a screenshot and clarify further and I can confirm if that is the issue and help more appropriately.

Thanks! Let us know how it goes!

Message 2 of 4 (354 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you, that worked.

Message 3 of 4 (304 Views)

Champion

@spirit_nz Thank you for letting us know, and have fun with your new build! :eahigh_file:

Message 4 of 4 (293 Views)