My waiter goes swimming during work

by EeveeTinn

Original Post

My waiter goes swimming during work

★★★ Guide

The title says it all 😂 I play in Sulani and my waiter keeps going swimming near the restaurant even though there are people needing to be served. This is why I got the second waiter. The other one does not leave, and the other keeps leaving the workplace and then serves the customers in a swimming suit. Previously another did this as well (when I had only one waiter) and it caused all the dishes being delayed. Has this happened to you? Is there anything that can be done about it? I trained my workers, give motivational speeches, but this does not change😅 .

09-10-20_7-23-14 PM.png

09-10-20_7-23-25 PM.png

Message 1 of 7 (950 Views)

Re: My waiter goes swimming during work

★★★★ Apprentice
@EeveeTinn Is there something blocking your waiter from working? (For example, when I hire a caterer and there is no free counter space, or a fridge, they just do whatever they want (instead of catering). Is it possible their next task is being blocked by someone or something?
Message 2 of 7 (916 Views)

★★★ Guide

Sorry, I never got a notification for this answer! There was nothing blocking it I believe, since my other waiter did fine, there is enough space, work, etc. After I relocated the lot to the one without a  beach and a sea, everything was normal 😅

Message 3 of 7 (888 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@EeveeTinn I haven't run a restaurant in Sulani, but I used to have my waiters take off for a jog. I was thinking this was fixed?

Anyway, I also had a restaurant I made at one point with a pool on the lot and my waiters would do exactly what you said (and I think some customers and non-customers did as well). The great temptations of a pool!!

My solution in both cases was to hire one or two extra waiters, and that seemed to help a great deal. Fortunately at least they didn't seem to stay gone long. I hope this 'workaround' is sufficient in your case. You can also have your Sim do more table clearing and add perks that will help, like the 'patient customers' one. Wink

I'm also wondering, in your case, if adding fencing that blocks access to the water from within the lot boundaries may help? In other words making it so that the waitress would have to leave the lot to swim may discourage it?

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 4 of 7 (853 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@EeveeTinnI read something I think a few days ago somewhere that mermaids may run out into the ocean and swim instead of working if there is an ocean nearby, which reminded me of this post.

I also read that once you have a high relationship with a Sim and they're one of the mermaid Sims, they'll reveal that they're a mermaid. If this is still happening, maybe you could try socializing and becoming good friends with her? ☺️

Also, quick tip: I read that mermaids also don't show their tails when swimming to hide their identity as mermaids and swim like normal Sims do (I think until your Sim knows they are one). 😉

Message 5 of 7 (784 Views)

★★★ Guide

@AprilTheSimmer96 never knew that and I don't think I ever met a mermaid yet haha 😂 I cannot test it anymore since I moved the lot and the save is now gone (it was on another pc and did not transfer it) but if I play on Sulani again will test this, thanks for the tip 😁

Message 6 of 7 (764 Views)

★★★ Guide
@EeveeTinn You're very welcome! 😊
Message 7 of 7 (752 Views)