My vampire is hissing, but did not take the weakness

by sirussolhawk

Original Post

My vampire is hissing, but did not take the weakness

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4

Platform: Mac

Which language are you playing the game in? English

How often does the bug occur? Often - As if I had taken the trait.

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Awesome Animal Hats, Life of the Party, Holiday Collection, Legacy Edition, Up all night, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get famous, Get to Work, Island Living, Seasons, Dine out, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Realm of Magic, Spa Day, Vampires, Bowling Night Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Tiny Living Stuff, Toddler Stuff

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The vampire I am having the issue with is Caleb, the one who comes with the vampire pack. He has hit grandmaster, and started hissing like I took the weakness. I have screenshots to show what I mean. But I have not taken it, but he keeps doing it. I don't know if you can do this yourself but I gave you a screen of his vampire tree.

What happens when the bug occurs? Despite not having taken the weakness for my vampire, the vampire will very frequently perform the animation for it, and get the same issues with family and such as if he had it.

What do you expect to see? Vampires that do not have the uncontrollable hissing weakness should not be performing the animation for it or getting any of the troubles it causes.

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No, my computer won't load the game if I have them so I do not have them.

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No. Just happened after I got him to grandmaster.

Please describe the patch or change you made:

None. However I have done a check and run on the game with Origin. I have also closed down and restarted the game several times to see if it still happened after a restart of the game. I even checked after doing a reinstall and the repair the character is still doing it. I am leery about resetting his vampire skills as he is a premade and has less points than if you had your own vampire built up to his level as normal.

I am finding this very disheartening as it is effecting the relationship that the sim has with family like he has the weakness. It is also making me not want to continue my game play as this has happened before. Every time they reach grandmaster they start this in my games. I thought it would have been fixed when I did a reinstall so I decided to try and play a vampire again.

Message 1 of 1 (534 Views)