Re: First overhaul of Sims is disaster and here's why:

by xochiquetzl_xkvn

Original Post

Community Manager

Hey everyone, we've moved the recent posts about the redesign of Bella Goth in this thread to avoid duplicates. Just to let you know so you're not confused Standard smile Have a great day

Cath-1-222

Quelqu'un vous vient en aide? Vous pouvez lui donner un peu d'XP
Votre problème est résolu? N'hésitez pas à Accepter une solution sur votre sujet
*Je ne réponds pas aux messages privés*
Message 21 of 53 (643 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@valohim666 I like your idea! Party hat

@kusurusu , most likely he has enough money to just buy duplicates of his favorite suit. 🤣  But yes, I would certainly have given him a more breathable Hot Weather outfit!  Poor guy must be sweltering!🥵   I might have to change that!  In one of my saves I gave him a hat for his Cold Weather outfit. 

I also changed Cassandra's swim bottoms to match the swim top because I think it looked stupid with the baggy shorts.  I do wish Bella was wearing the iconic shaped dress of hers, and not just a red dress.  Her Party dress looks closer to the original.  But the rest of the clothing I like! 😎

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 22 of 53 (624 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

I have mixed feelings.  I love the new Cassandra, and I think Bella is beautiful, and of course I love that they have non-whitewashed skintones, but I think I prefer the old Alexander. Part of that is because I miss his adorable sweater vest and preppy vibe, and part of it is because, well.

Old Alexander looks a bit odd when he ages up--I'm thinking of the ears and the nose in particular--but my Sims have married old Alexander in a couple of saves so it's not the end of the world. New Alexander looks very, very odd when he ages up. It'll take a while for me to get used to that.

For reference, here's one of my recent teen age-ups of old Alexander:

<3 so adorable! (Okay, I did plastic surgery on his ears and made him less frowny...)

Obviously, this isn't a problem limited to Alexander. Here's a YouTube video by someone else on the issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfXn_0O7DUo

And for reference, here's my YA age up of Cassandra in the same save... you can tell you've inspired me.Ready for University!
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/735942485385412660/979930949464760350/unknown.png

Message 23 of 53 (582 Views)

Champion

@xochiquetzl_xkvn , i agree about Alexander and how cute his sweater vest was!  It really seemed to fit his personality, from both TS4 and TS2!  And I absolutely love your grown up Alexander ! 😃 But even without the cosmetic "surgery" you did on him, old Alexander still looks better grown up than new Alexander does! Raised eyebrow

Yes, even when I make children genetically from the parents in CAS, I always age them up before I accept them because sometimes certain combinations in the game don't make for normal looking humans!  Sometimes mom's eyes and chin don't look good with dad's jaw and nose! 😅 Occasionally I forget though! Oops😂

I love that shirt with that skirt you put on Cassandra!  I will have to give her an outfit like that! 😍

Message 24 of 53 (559 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@PugLove888 I always thought the original Alexander looked pretty goofy with his huge ears, though I do have a soft spot for him seeing as how my middle name is Alexander and I too look goofy so I can't complain lol. The original Cassandra is one of my favorite vanilla sims, so yeah definitely not liking the new version of her. I certainly don't think she looks bad by any means, but I'm just really biased towards the old version because I always thought she was really cute.

I actually just had my first real look in game at the update, and overall I don't like it all that much. As I said I don't mind the new Cassandra, but I much prefer the old looks for the entire family. Luckily I managed to make a copy of the old family to my Gallery before updating, which thankfully I had turned off the automatic Sims Delivery option or I wouldn't have been able to make that copy. I also made a copy of the new version, and renamed everyone just so I could have that version in my current save along with the original. So yeah while I may not really like them as the Goth family, they do make for a nice addition into my current save as a different family.

Message 25 of 53 (547 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@PugLove888 

I have a soft spot for Alexander because one of my early Sims married him and moved in with the Goths. Morty was gone, alas, but we had Bella as an old lady living with us, and an adutl Cassandra. They're my favorite pre-made family and I've played them a lot. <3 I have grown children who got Alexander's nose, lol, but fortunately it suits them.

I love my aged up Alexander, too!  <3 I tried to keep the sweater vest preppie vibe. What a cutie! I didn't really do much, mostly tweaked the ears.

And yes, new Alexander aged up, yikes.  Poor baby! If I adopt him I'm aging him up to YA, fixing him, and aging him back down.

Cassandra, I like the whole schoolgirl vibe she has as a teen and I wanted to keep the general tone but make it more grown-up and less... private school uniform.  :D 

Message 26 of 53 (542 Views)

Champion

@xochiquetzl_xkvn , yes, I've always loved Alexander ever since the Sims 2!  And the Goths are my favorite Maxis-made family for all versions of the game!  They are just so iconic to the franchise! When thinking of the Sims families, I think of the Goths first, then the Landgraabs, and then either the Newbies or the Calientes!  I wish Bella's brother, Michael Bachelor, had been added to TS4!  😢

Before TS2 came out, and I was playing TS1, my niece got all excited that I played the Sims.  She said she heard from school that there is a family that everybody hates because they are miserable and hard to play.  I figured out she meant the Goths, and I told her it wasn't the family -- it was the way their house was designed!  They only had that one bathroom and everybody always walked in on family members or guests that were using it! Oops 🤦‍♀️😅 There would often end up being a traffic jam in the bathroom! 🤪

Message 27 of 53 (531 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@valohim666 I like the update but I also liked the original version.  My problem is mostly that I think of each version of the Sims in terms of their pre-made families, and now there are 2 sets of Goths, so it messes with my brain!  😰🤪

I really liked al the old Goths.  I think they just should have darkened their skin tone to match previous versions of the game, added set Hot and Cold Weather clothing, added some likes and dislikes, and call it a day!  That would have been the best.  However, I think they did a good job, for the most part, on making new Goths.  Alexander being the biggest disappointment, but only when he ages up.  

There are a few things I wish they did different, like keeping that preppy/nerdy look for Alexander that the original TS4 Alex had (as mentioned by @xochiquetzl_xkvn ), keeping the shape of Bella's dress the same (the shape of the dress is just as iconic as the color!) and a few other things (like giving Mortimer more comfortable Hot Weather clothes, giving him a hat for Cold Weather, Giving Cassandra different swim bottoms or a one piece, and I actually preferred her shirt from the original version as well.  I like the new shirt, but it doesn't really say "Cassandra Goth" to me other than its color. )

As for faces, I like both versions of Cassandra's face.  But I'm biased as the new version looks like my Sisiter-in-Law looked when she was a teen! 😄  I will say that the new Bella does seem to look a little more brooding like the TS1 Bella, even though her mouth is too wide when she smiles and her hair is too wavy for Bella. I love Mortimer's new outfit, but I will miss his old one as I could always tell it was him with that jacket on! 😅

So while I do like the new versions, I still miss the old versions.  You can certainly say i have mixed feelings! 😂

But poor Alexander! 😭 Maybe they will give us a Plastic surgery pack (like they had in one of the packs from TS3) so he won't have to fear ageing up! 😅Wink

Message 28 of 53 (526 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@PugLove888 wrote:

keeping the shape of Bella's dress the same (the shape of the dress is just as iconic as the color!)

With that it's not the shape of the dress, it's the fact that they significantly changed her body shape. For me Bella overall had the most unique look of any character in the game, but now I find she looks too much like some randomly generated sim. Plus before I could see that character and instantly go "that's Bella Goth" where as with the new look I'm not sure I could ever get to that point (or if I do it will take a while), and that original Bella is always going to be THE Bella for me in this game. 

So for those of you that may not like the new look, and you're like me and simply can't see them as the Goths, do like I did and rename them to something else then put them into your save as a completely different family while keeping the original Goths. I personally think they work great as an entirely new family, so in my current game they're the Rich family (which was just a random name). Since I have a copy of the original Goths, the new Goths, and the renamed version of the new Goths in my Gallery, next time I start a new save I'll swap the new one out with the original while adding the Rich family back in as well.

Message 29 of 53 (492 Views)

Champion

@valohim666 , that is a good idea! 😎

Message 30 of 53 (586 Views)