My sims don't sleep through the night

by azabeh

Original Post

My sims don't sleep through the night

★★ Novice

My sims won't stay in bed to sleep through the night, even though they're tired. It only occurred a couple of times and I tried to fix it by resetting both sims and the bed using Testingcheats true, and it worked at first, but now it doesn't. They keep sleeping a few seconds and then waking up, as if nothing happened (which I guess, it didn't...) but they're obviously still tired. 

Message 1 of 8 (4,385 Views)

Re: My sims don't sleep through the night

Champion

@azabehthis could be caused by many different things.  
First, make sure there are no radios that are on in the room that your Sim sleeps in.  Also, if you have the Backyard Stuff pack, make sure that there are no windchimes where you Sim is sleeping as well.  (I have had an Off the Grid lot that had my Sim sleep outside and the windchimes kept waking her up!)

Also, if you have the Cats & Dogs EP, is one of the cats or dogs waking your Sims up?  You should be able to reprimand them and eventually train them not to do that.

If your Sims are glitched there are a few things you can try.  I used to recommend the reset sim cheat but that doesn't seem to be working anymore.  (You would open the cheat box by and type resetsim <name of Sim> and hit Enter … so if the Sim that needed to be reset was Bella Goth you would type resetsim Bella Goth and hit Enter

You can still try that , but there is another way to reset your Sims that still seems to be working:
Bring up the Cheat Box by pressing Ctrl + Shift + C
In the cheat box type testingcheats true and hit Enter
Then Shift-click on your Sim and choose Reset Object (DEBUG) from the pie menu and your Sim should reset! 

Does this only happen in the one household?  If the above reset doesn't work, try a new Save Game file with new Sims and see if you get the same result!  Your Sims could be glitched or their house/lot could be glitched, in which case this would only happen to that one household.  But if your save game file is glitched then it could happen to other households which is why it is a good idea to test in another save game file.  
If the Sims in the new save game file can sleep just fine, then go back to the original family that can't sleep and try either to have them travel to another lot (like a park or museum or gym) and then back to their house and see if that helps.  If that still doesn't reset them then you can try moving them out of the house and then back in, but that is more of a last resort! 

Finally, do you play on a console or a PC or Mac?  If you play on a PC/Mac do you happen to play with any Mods or Custom Content (CC)?  Outdated Mods and CC can often cause your game to act weird. You will have to find the one or ones that are causing the problem and then replace it with the version that is compatible with the most recent update. 
to do this do all of the following in order:

1) Move the Mods Folder to your desktop

2) Delete the localthumbcache.package file in the game folder. (This is very important!) Raised eyebrow

3) Fix you game in Origin by logging in and go to Library, then right-click on The Sims 4 and choose the "Repair Game" option from the list.  Wait until Origin finishes repairing all your packs and not just the base game.  (Unless you are on a Mac and then it will only repair the base game)

4) Now, when you turn on your game again, it will create a new mods folder that will be empty.  Check to see if your game is now working without mods/CC.

5) Now you can try adding back items from your Mods folder one at a time checking your game each time to see which item is causing your game to not work properly.  If you have a lot of items, you can try the 50/50 Method. 

The CC creators will usually update the CC items and Mods after these updates, so when you find out which one is the culprit, you can get the updated version from whoever made that item of CC in the first place.  You should try these steps anytime you have problems in your game to rule out CC/Mods problems.  It is the responsibility of the Mods/CC creators to update their items anytime EA releases a patch/update, and it is the responsibility of the people who use Mods/CC to make sure they are using the most recent version, which should be any version compatible with the June 10th game update! Wink

Hopefully one of these will help you situation! Fingers crossed  Please update us on how things go! Angel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 8 (4,326 Views)

★★ Novice

@PugLove888HI!

Thank you for your response!

I already checked if there were any disruptions that caused my Sim to wake up, but there were none. Every time it happened it was just my female Sim, never the male Sim. It happened one time with the both of them but I just restarted the entire game to fix it.

In this save file I only play with this household but it never occurred in my other save files.

But in the end I decided to move them out (they lived in San Myshuno in 17 Culpepper, I believe) because my Sim got pregnant

They now live in a little house in Brindleton Bay, and the glitch never occurred since.

I hope it doesn't happen again, but I appreciate your help and suggestions!

Thanks again, and happy simming!! Standard smile

Message 3 of 8 (4,274 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@azabeh Sometimes this happens in my game as well, where my Sims will only stay in bed for a few seconds and they just get back out again. So far I have always been able to clear it just by travelling to a different lot. In your case it probably cleared when your Sims moved to their new house. If it happens again, you can try traveling somewhere else and then return home.

EDIT: Lol oops @PugLove888 already suggested traveling to a different lot and yes this always seems to work for me. :D

Message 4 of 8 (4,246 Views)

★★ Novice

@RandomBuzzinessI have tried that when they still lived in the apartment, but it didn't work for me. I had to restart my game every time but it would usually happen the next night.

Thankfully it's not happening anymore, but if it does I'll try traveling to a different lot again

Message 5 of 8 (4,213 Views)

Champion

@azabeh, yes, I even mentioned that if having them travel to another lot doesn't work that you can try moving them out (and back in, as at that time I didn't know you were considering having them move!) Standard smile  
And like @RandomBuzziness said,  having them travel to another lot and back again usually works!  But sometimes it doesn't, so either have them move out of the house altogether, or have them move out and then back in again, as sometimes this resets things. Wink

I'm so glad you fixed your problem! Standard smile Thank you for telling us the good news! 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 6 of 8 (4,201 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

You are a life saver!!! My sims wouldn't sleep for weeks because of the Tv/radio wall shelf from the tiny house pack was on the whole time.

Message 7 of 8 (2,263 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all,

This thread is a bit older now, so it's been locked to prevent necro-posting.

If you still need help with this topic, please feel free to create a new thread and we'll take a look with you Standard smile 

solaire.png

Message 8 of 8 (2,258 Views)